Notification

Icon
Error

Options
princesssophie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 3:59:42 PM(UTC)

I am Anita aka Princess Sophie and I am one of the designers in the brand new Digital Scrapbook section here at ATG.

A little about me:
I live in Norway and I am a mom to two boys, age 6 and 8, I have a great boyfriend and a crazy cat. I work part time as a graphical layout designer at a local newspaper where I live. I have a degree in graphical design so the interest toward creative digital designs has been my path for several years.

I have been digital scrapping since 2005 and this hobby is perfect for me and I love every minute I spend doing it.
In 2006 I took the leap into designing and that must have been the best choice I ever made, now I work 50% at the newspaper and spend the rest of my time devoted to my hobby and I would not want to have it any other way. 

Anyway, it is so great to be here!

If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask

Anita

isabelmendez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2008 9:25:06 PM(UTC)

Hello Anita, nice to see you here. Smile

sparkymom  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 12:14:21 AM(UTC)

Hello Anita!!  Glad to learn more about you! 

princesssophie  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 9, 2008 2:10:25 AM(UTC)

Thanks for taking the time to welcome me Wink

chbranch  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:40:41 AM(UTC)

Welcome!  That's one of the things I so love about being introduced to digiscrapping - the side effect of meeting people from all over the world with similar interests.  It makes the world a little smaller and more intimate place!

kristmess  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 1:19:06 AM(UTC)

Hi Anita!

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 2:09:06 AM(UTC)

Hello Princess Sophia - love that name and your avatar is really so fantastic!!

I am more on the side of machine embroidery (ME), but I keep reading and listening to you scrappers and I am getting excited.

(As if I need a new hobby . . . )  I can see things for my grandchildren for them to keep forever.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

princesssophie  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:35:28 PM(UTC)

If you are looking for a new hobby Pat, digital scrapbooking is perfect for making memories of your grandchildren that will last them for generations! That is why I love this hobby, I leave behind me an inheritage that generations to come will have some intrest in :)

Oh and my avatar has such a great history to it hehe. It is actually a picture of my beautiful little sister, she is such a lovely person and her eyes are stunning! I love that avatar so thank you for commenting on it :)

Anita

pat71896  
#9 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 7:34:02 AM(UTC)

I really can see me doing some of the scrapping I am seeing here.  I can see the future in the photos, and it is wonderful.

I also love hearing the stories behind the avatars.  I think that there is often a story behind them, and I would be delighted to hear them.  I think I will post a forum for them now!!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

kraftycat  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 3:21:28 PM(UTC)

Welcome to Ann's place Anita!

princesssophie  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:25:38 PM(UTC)

Thank you Big Smile

elsieinhawaii  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:51:43 PM(UTC)

Hi Princess Sophie. Welcome.  I feel like I have a connection to my past heritage.   My Dad was born in Drummen. (Spelling)  I am in the process of embroidering a Norwegian Table Prayer for my grand and great grand children.  It is a rite of passage that they all know it

Would you happen to know of a lullaby that my father use to sing to us. It sounded something phonetically like this.

Soo do varna, greet a hang e arna I am not sure of the rest of it. It is about five lines and ends with the first line.  Thanks for any help.  I will send you a copy of the table grace   Christmas greetings.  Elska Deg.  Elsie

princesssophie  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:47:06 AM(UTC)

Wow, that is so strange! I live just half an hour away from Drammen (correct spelling ;) ) and I have my workplace right in the center of Drammen. I work for the local newspaper called Drammens Tidene.

I will look into that lullaby, I do not recognise as of now but I might be able to let some of my norwegian forum friends look into it too.

It is such a small world! Christmas Greetings to you too. Tusen takk :)

kathrynestry  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 5:49:36 AM(UTC)

Hi!  Great to see you here.  :)