Notification

Icon
Error

Options
linricjen03  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 9:05:17 AM(UTC)

I havea Brother innovis 2500D and the PE Design Ver 6 software. I had a laptop with XP and it worked great.  Unfortunately that computer bit the dust.  I purchased a laptop with Windows Vista 64.  Thee  is no patch forthe Vista 64 and the computer will not recognoze the reader.  What other design software willwork with the Vista 64 that I can get PES designs?   paid 1900.00for the PE design soI really don't want to invesgt a small fortune.  Or does anyone know if Brother is working on a patch for the Vista 64?  Thanks for any help.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 3:31:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I have a old version of PE Design. V6 that I originally used with XP and loaded to to my new PC w/Vista.  You will need to temporarily disable your security firewall and virus protection to load the software.

jalcumbrack  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 11:17:08 PM(UTC)

You really should contact Brother to see if they are working on a patch for vista 64, unless you have already resolved the issue you had. I do understand about buying expensive software that will not work on the new computers, had the same issue with Janome! They said they are not going to have any type of patch for it and that we would have to purchase new software,to the tune of 2200.00, guess what I told them,LOL!  Big Smile

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:52:38 AM(UTC)

If you have noticed the television ads for Vista, Bill is dancing as hard as he can to get Vista in the good graces of the universe.  Currently, I am using Vista 32, and do have problems, but all-in-all, Vista is not going away, and getting the bugs out can be time consuming. 

There are two possible methods of fixing this problem:

1. Go to the Start Menu and select "Help and Support."  In the "Search" box, type  Program Compatibility Wizard, and then follow the prompts.  It is easiest if you know where your software is located, i.e., C:/programs/Software.exe
  2. On the Internet, go to this site. Review the information and, if acceptable, download the program.

Let us know how you make out.  Others are interested as well, and who does not want to save money?

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

kraftycat  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:39:20 PM(UTC)

The problem here is most likely not Vista, but the 64 part. Not very much in software is made to work with 64 systems.   I know in some cases the machine comes with both 64bit and 32 bit included on the CD. Check with your mfg and see what can be done. You would most likely be happier with a  32 bit system, at least for a while.  Otherwise, a computer shop may be able to help.  Or you might consider buying a used machine that has XP just for those things that do not run on a 64 bit system.

mshell47  
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 1:42:48 AM(UTC)

Hi, I also have a Vista, and was told I have a 32 Bit, I was told I could take the Vista off and Load XP back but it would negate all warranties on my new computer. and it would be very costly to do this. 

I sure hope the Embroidery world comes out with something to update all the expensive software we have invested in for our Embroidery machines.  Because I have looked into buy ing a new computer with Windows 98 or XP and they really are not offering anthing. 

Seems like the computer programers don't realize how many Embroidery enthusiasts are out there.

If anyone knows of a fix for this problem I will be extremely happy to hear from you

thanks

mj

pattiann  
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:48:20 AM(UTC)

This could be one of the reasons that Embird is so popular.

kraftycat  
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:52:39 PM(UTC)

Aaahhhh yes! Do love my Embird. And I have Font engine added too.  They do keep updated, for about 2 yrs you get free updates, then they usually do a major update and the best part is so far it has only cost us $15 to update to the newest version. You just can't beat that. They keep up with all the new machines and hoops ect.

aaseirene  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 7:33:57 AM(UTC)

I also has Vista after my xp pc brooke down have tried for years to get my design program to work on Vista been in contact with brothers many times . The update no good they send me a cd with the update does not work always comes up with does not recognice the reader went back to my husbands xp, will not work on that now also says do not recognice reader.

Nobody seems to be able to come up with some help to sort out the problem I like using my design program . I now have embird.

aase irene

pattiann  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 8:41:27 AM(UTC)

Which version of Vista do you have?  32 bit or 64 bit.  I have 32 bit and disabled the firewall before loading.

aaseirene  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 2, 2012 12:23:03 PM(UTC)

vista 32 bit, But I will update to Window 7 then I will try again.

aase ireneSmile