Notification

Icon
Error

Options
charlea  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 16, 2008 3:03:16 PM(UTC)

Purchased this program some time back - version 2.0.  downloaded version 2.5 recently and installed it per instructions.  Program would not open at all.  I then tried uninstalling version 2.5 and rebooting, then went back and installed version 2.0 which will not work now either.  Did this three times with no success!  Then, tonite I noticed the post about the bugs in 2.5 being fixed so downloaded this new file and tried installing that -- still no good.  I paid for this program - $149.95, I have a serial number and license # -- Program won't start, just gives the message "Unknown security error - 24"   PLEASE, WHAT DO I DO TO GET THIS PROGRAM TO WORK -- aS I SAID, i PAID FOR THE PROGRAM - money this site owner spent in some way! - I WANT IT TO PERFORM AS ADVERTIsED.   PLEASE HELP!!

Prior to downloading and installing the update, version 2.0 worked just fine. 

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:46:39 AM(UTC)

Hi:

Please follow the steps below to fix the problem ,if you still have some difficulties send us an email with your phone number and time available to call you:

1.Remove the software from Control panel\Add and remove programs

2.Remove annthegran folders from C:\program files\Annthegran ..

3.Remove annthegran folder from Virtual store (very important to do this) usually located at :

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Then reboot your computer ..go back to the site and install the software again .you can only install the latest version no need of installing any other older version.

4.Right click on the software and try  to run it ,if you get any warning please email us the details.

Annthegran Support

charlea  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:37:49 AM(UTC)

I am using Windows XP Home Edition.    The program simply  will not work.  I have tried disabling my virus protection and have uninstalled, deleted, rebooted, etc. at least a dozen times.  I've even looked in the Registry (regedit) to see if there is a "key" that must be deleted, but find none there that looks familiar.  there must be something - a file, security key, registry entry, - something, that prevents the program from opening.  . 

Please PLEASE< PLEASE HELP!!
Charlotte Alexander

atgadmin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:27:17 AM(UTC)

Hi Charlotte:

I sent you an email earlier today and asked for your phone number because I think there is something we are missing now since this software is working and we have tested it with some customers too.Please send me an email with your phone number so that I can fix the problem over the phone.

Annthegran Support

grumpi321  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 5, 2008 2:25:37 AM(UTC)

[quote user="atgsupport"]

Hi:

Please follow the steps below to fix the problem ,if you still have some difficulties send us an email with your phone number and time available to call you:

1.Remove the software from Control panel\Add and remove programs

2.Remove annthegran folders from C:\program files\Annthegran ..

3.Remove annthegran folder from Virtual store (very important to do this) usually located at :

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Then reboot your computer ..go back to the site and install the software again .you can only install the latest version no need of installing any other older version.

4.Right click on the software and try  to run it ,if you get any warning please email us the details.

Annthegran Support

Hi:

Do you know if the above is done, are the catalog files (over 9000) going away, or do they stay? I would hate to lose all my hard work just over a "BUG"

Thank you

Jim McAllister

atgadmin  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 6, 2008 12:17:17 AM(UTC)

Hello Jim,

The file that stores your catalog is called EDB2.MDB.  This is located in C:\Program Files\AnnTheGran\Catalog XPress 2.0.  You can copy this file to a different folder on your hard drive to back up  your catalog.
If you are still experiencing problems we strongly recommend you e-mail support@annthegran.com including your telephone number so we can help you resolve this issue over the phone.

Thank you

AnntheGran support

mussari4  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 24, 2012 7:10:30 AM(UTC)

I am having a similar problem with a possibly corrupted program. I wrote to support before & did not receive assistance that helped. I have a program that cannot back up or repair. As with the above poster, I have over 9000 designs that I cannot afford to re-catagorize from my main design file. I need them to be saved as they are, in CatalogXpress.

Looking at the above, I see the catalog is backed up to EDB2.MDB. I do not have this file. I am wondering what other files I am missing which could be why the program is not operating correctly. How do I check for missing files? Any other solutions to saving the design files so if I reinstall, I won't have to catorgorize 9000 files?

pattiann  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 26, 2012 1:59:32 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Catalog X will not store files.  It will sort, let you edit a bit and convert formats.  The design files remain stored on your computer's hard drive, or removable disc, whatever method you have chosen.  If stored on the hard drive, you should back up the files on a removable disc drive or cd.