Notification

Icon
Error

Options
ritamae46  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2008 11:07:21 AM(UTC)

Has anyone out there used Embird or any of the free conversion softwares for converting design files from one format to another?  I'm talking specifically about Ambassador and Wilcom Truesizer 2006.  If you have and could give me some info about your experience with any or all of them, I'd appreciate it.

I'm certainly not ready to spend a couple hundred dollars on software...not when I've already spent so doggone much this year.  So I'm hoping one of the free ones works well.

Rita

jalcumbrack  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:50:22 AM(UTC)

Hi Rita,

I have used Embird,not the free one but I have it. To be honest I prefer Ann's Cat X. for converting from one format to another.

1. Embird I found to not be that user friendly,I was so frustrated with it I finally just quit using it except for adding a basting stitch to an already converted design.

2. I understand,believe me about spending so much already this year, but it is an investment you will get a lot of use out of,not just for the conversion aspect but all the other features as well.

3. Mom always told me "you get what you pay for" and I firmly believe this. If you are a member on Ann's site the cost is $149.00 for the download,it only takes a few minutes and you are up and running.

4. It will also help you to categorize all of your designs where you can easily find them,each in it's own little category.

5. It will save you a lot of time. I spend so much less time looking for just the right design and more time actually sewing.

6.I now slip all my designs into Cat x right when I get them,then I know where they are at. It saves me so much time. Before I was all over the computer trying to convert them ,then I would have to do something else to get them loaded on my card.I still had to put them somewhere that maybe or maybe not I would be able to find them again if I wanted to use them.

I understand that it is not in everyone's budget, but for what you spend on a few designs you can have this software that will do much more for you than just convert the designs.I so wished I had gotten it much sooner than I did. I would never go back to using Embird now,this is just so much more simple and easy to use.Big Smile

ritamae46  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:24:04 AM(UTC)

Well, smack my head and call me a dummy!  I have Catalog Xpress.  See what happens when you don't read the directions?  Since it was already open on my computer, I went and looked at it and (surprise surprise to quote Gomer), there was the conversion button right on top where it always was.

Nothing like having a senior moment, hey?

Rita

jalcumbrack  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:00:58 AM(UTC)

Smile Well I guess then that you don't need me huh,LOL ! That's alright Rita,I have more than my share of those as well ! It gets worse every year ,LOL.Happy converting !Smile