Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 12:23:40 PM(UTC)

I spent 2 hours today at my Babylock Dealership with 60 of my dearest and closest friends - well fellow embroiders at least!  Big Smile

This dealership, here in San Diego, is really client friendly.  They offer 6 to 8 classes (depending on your own needs) for your new machine.  They also offer 2 hours a month, on the last Saturday of the month, to get together to discuss projects, UFO's (Unfinished Objects), new ideas and anything else reference our craft. 

People bring such beautiful totes, Christening Gowns, blankets and other things they are working on.  As an extra gesture, the dealer has a table with 25% and 50% off items (her items she wants to sell to get new items in her store).  We have a great time, she even brings cake and coffee.Cake

I am not telling you all this to make you jealous, I think it bears some thought.  The Florida group was talking about where they are located in relationship to others.  Perhaps you might consider asking a shop in your area to do something like this.  It is important to support those who are so helpful to you and this type of group activity is a lot of work to put together. 

This site is just like a meeting room except we do not face each other. I am glad we can come together here to chat and laugh.

I hope some of you are close enough to put something together in your area, it really can be fun.

Pat

jalcumbrack  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:56:08 PM(UTC)

Paradise Great idea,Pat. I was actually thinking the same thing,but for us ,we are pretty spread out here,from coast to coast,(literally,florida is a small skinny state,lol) so it will have to be some where we can all get to in a resonable amount of time,plus have the room to accomodate us and all our goodies we Nut case embroider's have to take with us.  We had the same thing where I lived in Michigan as well, it made it nice and we had all levels of sewer's there.Lets ask it and see what happens ? I'm game !Cool