Notification

Icon
Error

Options
nlbmz  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 1:12:42 AM(UTC)

How do you hoop things like winter coats - or do you?  I have a farm logo I wanted to put on a couple winter coats.  I tried mine first and somehow the thread bunched up and the coat popped out of the hoop.  It was hard to get it hooped in the first place and now I've got to rip out all the stitches it has and try to start over.  Ripping out stitches from embroidery is NOT fun.  Any suggestions?  All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 6:52:05 AM(UTC)

I will be doing a detailed blog on hooping around June 6.  In the meantime, let me suggest that you NOT hoop this fabric. 

I will give the reasons and explanations in June, but for now, only hoop the cut away stabilizer and set your hoop in your machine.

Place your fabric on top of the stabilizer and secure it with double faced tape on all four sides.  Use your basting stitch on your machine.  Here is how:  All machines have built-in 'frames' for decoration and basting.  Select the appropriate frame setting on your machine and size it for your design.  Rather than using the 'flowery' frames, use the basting stitch and stitch around the area where your design will eventually be placed. 

You can do your design at this point.  I hope you did a "test sew out" on a comparable fabric and stabilizer prior to starting out.  If you did not do that, you are probably in for more stitch ripping.....

Please check out my Blog on stabilizers which I just posted yesterday.  Click the link in my signature (below) to read valuable info for you, whether you are a newbie or seasoned ME user, you may just learn something from the blog. 

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat

nlbmz  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 24, 2008 9:54:47 AM(UTC)

Thank you so much for the info - that should help a lot as soon as I get all those stitches ripped out - if I don't give up on it.