Notification

Icon
Error

Options
dillysnana  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:31:54 AM(UTC)

Okay I need help. I purchased this machine from a sewing center going out of business and was used in the classroom.  I don't know anything about the embrodiery part of sewing but wanted to get started and figured this was a good way until I could upgrade.  This machine takes cards. I can get them on ebay but if I want something special like from this site or others how would I get them?  Do I need this box thing that converts cards on the computer and then you put in your machine? I don't even know where to start to figure this out.  This machine doesn't work with a computer so you can't download that way.  Any help? Thanks.

jalcumbrack  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 12:09:15 AM(UTC)

The answer is yes you do need that to get your designs.It is a compact flash card reader that hooks up to your computer via usb port.You put your compact flash card into it then a box will come up  with several options.click on take no action.Now you can load designs into it from your computer.Hopefully you have some kind of software that you can open the designs with.Your machine should have something with it such as janome customizer plus. Once you get your designs on the card ,in the bottom left hand side of your computer you will see a little icon that looks like a card with a green arrow.left click on it to remove your card from it,you will need to know what letter it is using within your computer ex: mine is K. it will ask you if you want to remove it click ok then the red light on your card reader will go out then you know it is safe to remove it.If you remove it any other way you will lose all you have put on it. You can get these card readers any where like best buy or online any where.

Really since your dealer is out of business I would deffinatly reccomend you find some one in your area that gives classes to help you understand it better. It is really hard to explain it like this and works better if someone shows you .I will try to help as much as I can and if I can.