Notification

Icon
Error

Options
dillysnana  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 1:38:15 AM(UTC)

I just purchased a used Janome MC9000 machine.  Don't know anything about cards, designs, etc.  Can they be purchased from this site as well as free designs?  How do  you download and then what do you do with them?  Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:29:58 AM(UTC)

Welcome, dillysnana!

You can find just about anything related to embroidery on AnnTheGran.com. For example, you asked about cards and designs:

Cards (Amazing Box and Ultimate Box systems - both Janome compatible)

Designs (embroidery designs from many different brands)

Many of the designs available for purchase can be downloaded from a link you'll get in your account immediately after purchase. Some are available for shipment on a CD. Once you get them on your computer (from either method), you'll need either a direct connection to your embroidery machine (via a USB port in your machine usually) or you'll need to put the designs onto a card that will fit into your machine, which is what the Amazing Box and Ultimate Box systems are used for, as well as systems from many other manufacturers.

There is a post that may interest you here:

http://www.annthegran.com/cs/forums/p/513/1280.aspx

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post any questions you have and we'll be happy to help.

AnnTheGran.com Support

alssweetheart  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:38:05 AM(UTC)

Hello dillysnana, Welcome to Machine Embroidery!!  What a wonderful craft!!  I know where you are at the beginning of your Machine Embroidery path.  It sound like you have a wonderful machine, now you need to get the basics down so you can bring it all together and sew out a design.  Some cities have the luxuary of having classes taught by great instructors and at a reasonable fee.  Then there are places that have little or no classes, this is where this information may help you to get the basics of Machine Embroidery learned and then continue to develop your new found skills.  The following information is copied from another question that I answered earlier, I hope you find it helpful.  ......what I did was go to   www.SmartFlix.com, they have dvd's that you can rent, they have a great variety of subjects but do have a few on Machine Embroidery.  There are a few by Nancy Zieman and Holley Pike, they are basic instructions which should get you going.  Check them out and in the search box type in Machine Embroidery, that should bring up what they have and you can read about them and make your own choice.  The beauty of this is that you can watch the lessons whenever you want and for $9.99 you can keep it for an extended period of time and return it in a post paid envelope!!

Also when you have your basic skills down check out www.AnnTheGran.com and she has a software program called Catalog Xpress.   Check it out at her website and always keep learning all you can about Machine Embroidery.

Congratulations on joining the world of Machine Embroidery and Bon Voyage into Machine Embroidery!!  Alssweetheart

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 1:34:17 PM(UTC)

Hello dillysnana and welcome to the wonderful and friendly world of ME, machine embroidery.

There are so many places to find newbie information but may I brag about my blog just a little?  If you click the link in my signature (bottom of the page), you will find my blog which is about stabilizers.  I will have lots more information up coming so watch for it.

Cathy is also doing a newbie blog and you can find her at:  http://www.annthegran.co...o-has-answers.aspx  She too is new and will be working along side of other newbies to have someone to cry (LOL) with!

Actually, I recommend that you start by getting lessons from your dealership that sold you your machine.  There is no substitute for that hands-on training you deserve.  Work through your book that came with the machine as well.

I do not mean to be avoiding your questions, I really want you to have some working knowledge of your new craft so that you can ask intelligent questions AND when you get the answer, know whether or not you have actually gotten an answer to your query. 

This answer is from my Help Desk Days - "To Download, Follow the Prompts....."  It sounds so simplistic, but just follow what the giver tells you to do.  They want you to download your freebies and purchases as much as you do.  Many files come 'zipped.'  You need to have a working knowledge of your computer and 'zip' files as well. 

If you have specific questions, please feel free to put them on the forum.  AnnTheGran has a great support staff who constantly monitor the site for responding to users just like you!  I will try to answer you as well.

Best wishes to you and yours AND welcome to the very addictive world of ME, it is the most beautiful addiction you will ever have.

Pat