Notification

Icon
Error

Options
jalcumbrack  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:10:57 AM(UTC)

Geeked Has any one done the 3-D butterflies? Or any 3-D designs? I am very interested in knowing how to do this, the creative juices are flowing with thoughts of what I can do with them! I am fascinated by them.I love butterflies and these look so real.I was wondering if they are very difficult to do. I have some pretty bad arthritis in my hands so was wondering if I would be able to handle this. I was also wondering how well they hold up. Thanks!Big Smile

beamishboy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:01:52 AM(UTC)

Hi, Judy,

Hopefully, you'll get some more answers from those who have tried them, but I wanted to let you know that if you go to the product page for the 3-D Butterflies, and you click on 'Download Information', you'll get a zip file with two very informative pdf files in it.

One is from the manufacturer (Dalco) explaining the technique with pictures, and the other is a beautiful project by our very own Diane Brown that uses the butterflies in a very creative way and gives full directions.

Hope this helps.

BB

jalcumbrack  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:29:37 AM(UTC)

Big SmileThanks so much  for the information !Geeked

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 2:05:57 AM(UTC)

Jal- you read my mind!  I was thinking of this very question.  Those butterflies are beautiful!

jalcumbrack  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2008 2:45:33 AM(UTC)

Geeked I did download the instructions as Greg suggested,and they were very informative.I think I will be able to handle working with them so my next purchase will be the 3-d Butterflies.It looks relatively simple to do.

I am very excited about doing them now! I can imagine all sorts of things to do with them!

mmorton  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:01:42 AM(UTC)

I purchased the CD pack of 3 D designs and it is easy to do. You stitch out the designs per the instructions. Just like regular embroidery. The 3D part of them are stitched out seperately and then you attach that to the first embroidery. YOu can do the stitching on net, so the design appears to float. You can use metallic threads and they are gorgous. The brand I bought is Dalco Home Sew. They can be used as straight applique. Hope this helps. Mabel

jalcumbrack  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:09:34 PM(UTC)

Wink Thanks Mabel ! I am going to buy the 3D butterflies,I did download the product instructions and it looks really easy to do. I just purchased a straw bag at a local big chain store(wally world) It has patent leather straps in various colors,I chose the red one(of course) and other than the straps it is plain...............it is just screaming for some butterflies and flowers! I can hardly wait to get started !! I may get the Dalco one to start with then move up to the other's. They are just so pretty.Again Thanks!

pat71896  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 23, 2008 2:26:45 AM(UTC)

jal - I can imagine what you have in mind, you paint a very nice picture with your words.

Let us see a picture when complete.

Pat

mmorton  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 12:15:13 AM(UTC)

[quote user="jalcumbrack"]

Wink Thanks Mabel ! I am going to buy the 3D butterflies,I did download the product instructions and it looks really easy to do. I just purchased a straw bag at a local big chain store(wally world) It has patent leather straps in various colors,I chose the red one(of course) and other than the straps it is plain...............it is just screaming for some butterflies and flowers! I can hardly wait to get started !! I may get the Dalco one to start with then move up to the other's. They are just so pretty.Again Thanks!

Your very welcome. I love red, too. Good luck and have fun. I am making a stationary kit for my daughters and embroidering flowers and their names on them. This should make good Christmas presents for the ladies at work and doesn't cost much. Mabel

jalcumbrack  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 6:32:27 PM(UTC)

Big Smile Wow ! What a great idea ! That really is a nice gift for your fellow workers.Good luck with them,I know they will adore them!

Thanks to all for your help!