Notification

Icon
Error

Options
db_nc  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 12:54:01 PM(UTC)

I just bought the embroidery module for my Bernina 570QE and thought I could find other image files that would work by downloading to a generic thumb drive. I found a couple of few free images, but to my disappointment they did not work (my machine would not find anything on the drive when attempting to open a file from the drive).

Can someone give me some direction on what file types are needed for my machine? I would love to do some monogramming on my projects. I assume that I do not need the editing software in order to accomplish this task.

Thank you in advance for your advise and guidance.
regie  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2020 7:28:23 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: db_nc Go to Quoted Post
I just bought the embroidery module for my Bernina 570QE and thought I could find other image files that would work by downloading to a generic thumb drive. I found a couple of few free images, but to my disappointment they did not work (my machine would not find anything on the drive when attempting to open a file from the drive).

Can someone give me some direction on what file types are needed for my machine? I would love to do some monogramming on my projects. I assume that I do not need the editing software in order to accomplish this task.

Thank you in advance for your advise and guidance.

Hi! I believe this info could be found in the manual and also on Bernina official website: https://www.bernina.com/...Series/BERNINA-570-QE-E#!features
Quote:
"EXP, DST, PES, PEC, JEF, SEW, PCS, XXX"

Be sure to have a look at their tutorials, sometimes it's tricky to find a right folder.

As for editing software, well, it could be useful. Even if you're not going to digitize a lot, with such programs you can always change the format of the file you need (sometimes it happens and I need to change files using "save as" function for my faithful Bernette, this one). Dozens of them, but that's how you can easily choose between them: https://en.wikipedia.org...n_of_embroidery_software (that's a comparison table at Wikipedia)

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any additional info. I'd be glad to help!
Bernard07  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:38:31 PM(UTC)

Go on their website and search for tutorials and directions, these are usually easy to find.