Notification

Icon
Error

Options
clkuip  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 9:20:26 AM(UTC)

I am new at this, especially lace embroidery. I have a Janome MC12000. I have a lace snowflake CD that came with water soluble stabilizer and white polyester organza. I have been having a great time making snowflakes but am almost out of the organza. Can bridal tulle be used instead? 2 layers?
Thanks
Cindy K in Illinois
pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 29, 2017 10:28:17 AM(UTC)

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Embroidery. You are in for many exciting projects and learning experiences. I do have a blog here at AnnTheGran. See my latest offering. http://community.anntheg...sh-for-well-the-new-year (Hint: I do freebies for my readership.)

Now, if you are new, perhaps no one has told you about 'discovery sew' aka 'sew out.' This is where you do a test on the same or similar fabric, using your planned threads, and the selected design. The discovery sew will give you a great deal of information. For instance:

Is the design suitable for the fabric?
Do the selected colors compliment each other? (You don't have to use the designer suggested colors.)
Is the stabilizer sufficiently suitable for the fabric and design weights?
Are there any unexpected things in the discovery sew?

We all need to do discovery sew on each project. Think of doing embroidery on a special fabric or heirloom item.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer