Notification

Icon
Error

Options
lisha  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 5:12:01 AM(UTC)

HI can anybody help me with a problem im having with my machine, when its sewing a pattern it seems to go fine from the start then either when i change thread for next colour or thread snaps, sometimes just does it when still on same colour. The pattern sewing seems to shift to the left around 3inches and it keeps to this pattern to the end, so the begining bit is not inline with the jump so pattern is all messed up.
I have been trying lots of different patterns and it sewed a small spider perfect and then it did next pattern (skull) with the jump cross, changed to another pattern and it sewed that ok too, so went back to the skull pattern and it sewed this ok, but then it just kept jumpin on all patterns, it seems to do it when it wants and not on all patterns.
Does anybody have a idea what could be causing this problem

Thank you
pattiann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 5:52:49 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Welcome to ATG!

Is this happening when you stitch out the designs built into the machine?

Are you using a thread stand? A stand will allow the thread to relax as it leaves the spool. If you do not have a stand, placing the spool in mug next to the machine can provide the same effect.

Make sure there are no snags on the spool, or nicks in the needle plate. Either can be smooth out with an emery board and file, or emory cloth (sold at hardware and auto parts departments or respective stores for smoothing metal.

If the problem continues, take samples of the bad stitch outs and the machine in for service.

Edited by user Saturday, May 9, 2015 5:56:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 5:52:49 AM(UTC)

Forgot to add; make sure the hoop is securely attached to the bar.

Edited by user Thursday, May 14, 2015 5:53:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Additional information.

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2015 12:23:58 PM(UTC)

I agree with PattiAnn and would add something else -

My first thought was - are you using thread from your sewing machine or embroidery thread.

Believe it or not, using sewing thread does not work. I would think that once in a while you would get a good 'discovery sew' but for the most part, sewing thread is different.

May I suggest that you read my blog about (among other things) sewing versus embroidery. It also includes tension check files which are important to do on a regular basis. Tension is also an issue that may be giving you difficulty.
http://community.anntheg.../2008/07/03/needles-7308

If you are still having issues, write again and include photos of your mishaps. At the end of the post, select the box for 'Attach files to this post' and that is where you place the photos.

May you be blessed in ways you have not yet imagined.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

Edited by user Saturday, May 9, 2015 12:30:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lisha  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 8:54:59 AM(UTC)

hi thanks for replying im not using a thread stand so will try the mug idea i just have my thread in spool on top, i was using embroidery thread first but still did the jump, so then i bought new gutterman thread embroidery and sew it all thread, i took all machine case off and gave it a a really good clean removed all old grease and put new in, cleaned everywhere with a special contact cleaner then oiled it all. I then placed the pattern in that it always jumps at the same place but this time i never changed the spool thread colour and it did pattern perfect even with thread changes and went past the part it always jumps at, but then it jumped and all pattern messed up. I tried machine built in patterns and other patterns i have using all different threads i had and new needles but still its jumping not as bad as it was its only going out of line by about 1-2mm and its doing this mostly when its doing the outline and detail ontop of where its already sewed. I really dont know what else i can do i have not been near machine now for a week as my patience was getting thin, i have contacted brother and they have said to clean it which i did and if still dont fix the problem to take machine to them, this is not possible as nearest brother is 80 miles from me
Any more ideas what this could be please, i would put pictures on of how the pattern is jumping but not sure how to do this sorry
thank you
Lisha
pat71896  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2015 3:53:28 PM(UTC)

Lisha, you have established that the design is out of alignment. At least, that is what I understand.

You can check this blog for information about stabilizing and especially under-stabilizing. I think that what you are describing is 'registration failure'. It is when you have done an outline and later you do the fill. There may be a gap between the outline and fill. http://community.anntheg...7-418c-abf3-0c3d65f86ff9 Sorry that the photos are missing.

Another issue that causes that shift is that the fabric was not 'taut' in the hoop. It needs to be very flat and not stretched. Depending on the fabric type, stretch will make your project less than satisfactory.

Machine Embroidery can be very challenging. For instance, some designs are just not going to work on just any fabric. A high stitch count will not work on a light weight fabric.

I just could not find a photo to show registration failure. If you have a photo of your problem, we can help you a great deal better.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2015 3:33:19 AM(UTC)

How long have you had this machine?

Have you tried to hoop only the fabric and then, after attaching the hoop to the machine, slide the stabilizer under the hoop before starting the stitching.

If the problem continues, either call the Brother dealer and ask for an appointment, explaining you cannot travel and see if they can service the machine while you wait. If not, then take it to a closer machine dealer who services all brands. Take samples of the bad stitch outs.