Notification

Icon
Error

Options
spatterson  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:37:35 AM(UTC)

Okay Ladies,

I have PE Design 5.....and here is my problem...I have purchased a large amount of software and saved the files to a flash drive. I have then taken that flash drive to my embroidery room and I am trying to transfer the files onto that computer. when trying to transfer the files, it asked me what I wanted to open the file with, I clicked on my pe design and then it made me open another folder that contained the pe design files...so I picked "embed it" to open the files...it changed all of the files on my flash drive to that and that is the incorrect file, I see where I have the option to change it to a different file to open it but I dont know which file to use......could someone please help me with this...I am about to panick because i purchased a large amount of files!!!HELP....PLEASE......thanks ladies

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2013 9:47:41 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

PE 5 is your software.

Downloaded designs are design files.

Windows gives you options to browse for a location to save those files.

Create a folder and save the downloads to that folder.

The downloads are probably zipped. The design has to be extracted or unzipped and saved before the software will recognize them.

Save to the same folder, then move the extracted/unzipped file to the flash drive.

You can delete the zipped files or save them to a different folder until you are sure you have properly saved the contents.