Notification

Icon
Error

Options
atgadmin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2013 10:58:34 PM(UTC)

Please can someone advise on the following:

https://www.facebook.com/AnntheGranPage/posts/488641871203973

Does anyone else have the same problem of thread shredding I am using a 75/11 Schmetz needle with 40 wt Gunold thread and 40 wt Brother thread both rayon. I have tried other needles and other threads but it gets worse. Help I have no hair left lol.

Thanks!

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 8:33:00 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Shredding can be due to the needle being too small, the thread weakened by over dying (or just a bad spool) or a nick in the needle plate.

Check for the nick.  This can be smoothed out with a piece is emery paper (sold with sand paper).  

Change to a new or larger size needle.  If problem continues, try a different spool of thread.

aphilips  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:34:41 PM(UTC)

please tell me something about this disscusion because i'm new here...

thank you!!!

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2013 11:09:25 PM(UTC)

Welcome to ATG.  Go back to "Today's Top Tips".  If there is a question that has not be addressed, please post here or at the ATG Facebook page. 

lhcmom77  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:05:37 AM(UTC)

Help Please!

When I use 505 spray on fleece jackets to hold the topper in place, after embroidering I wash the jacket.  Lint attracts to the area where the 505 was and it is still a little gummy.  Is there another product that might be a lighter spray, or a way to remove this gummy substance?  Thank you for the help!

pattiann  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:13:50 PM(UTC)

Just when you are comfortable with a product something goes amiss!  I had a similar problem with another brand that left dark stains on the fabric.  I had used this product for several years without any negative issues. On my project, the gumminess finally went away but the stain seems to be there forever.

You need to choose a cleaning product that will not negatively affect the most delicate part of the jacket - the thread. 

You might make a sample with the same items used for the jacket and then test.  Soak the sample in soapy water as it may be the most gentle method.  If that does not work, then I would try dabbing with cleaning fluid.

Sprays seem to be more difficult to find.  I think I will go back to using Sulky.