Notification

Icon
Error

Options
kmorrow1  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 1:24:55 PM(UTC)

Question.

I am debating on purchasing this software.

I have new to embroiderying and have a brothers pe 500.

Howver, I am primary looking for a greek alphabet font.

Is there a greek letter font that can be purchased separately for use with this software?

If so, can some give me the link?

Thank you in advance. 

tourlady522  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:57:22 AM(UTC)

The only one I can find in AnntheGran is called Girly Greek Applique. 

Send me a private message ans I will see ikf I can find some somewhere else if yu want. I would buy Alphabet Express anyway as it is a good program and you can do a lot with it.

Bonnie Abbott

tourlady522

pattiann  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:39:36 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I will not recommend a product just to stay in the good graces of an Internet site.  I do not have this product and I do not see anything in its overview about importing fonts.

You may want to consider trials of various software programs before making a purchase.  Letter it! might be one option.

Windstar Embroidery has sets of Greek fonts.  http://www.windstarembro...nts&Submit=Search%21

debmoody  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:33:06 AM(UTC)

I have Alphabet Express. I purchased my Greek fonts from Five Star Fonts, but have yet to figure out how to merge the greek letters three at a time. Maybe someone here knows of an easy way to do that? 

pat71896  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:28:43 AM(UTC)

Kmorrow1 - Software for creating lettering is one of the most confusing issues in embroidery.

1. Lettering is complex.  That is a universal issue and digitizing lettering is tricky to say the least.
  2. Letters is a single item whereas a font is usually something used in a software with your computer keyboard.
  3. The two CANNOT be combined.
  4. AlphaXpress is a propriatary program meaning that it is singular to using its own pre-digitized lettering only.  That is true of ALL the programs
  5. AX is one of the easiest to use that I have ever found.  I have been embroidering since 2001 (Yikes) and doing lettering since 2005.  I have spent a lot of money on programs, and this is the best IMHO.

Unfortunately, AX does not have a Greek Alphabet.  For that I would use a single letter which can be found most any place on the Net.  Google it and it shall be there!

If you decide to use AX, I have created a compilation of tips for its use.   http://www.annthegran.co...ess-and-alphaxpress.aspx

Frankly, most people who have software use about 10 to 15% of its features.  Those tips will have you feeling like you can move a mountain!  It will get you up to about 85% of the features available. 

BTW, if you are interested in learning more about ANY software, right click anywhere in your program.  A content sensitive list of abilities will be displayed.  Try it, you will like it!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer