Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:24:10 AM(UTC)

I have always wondered why a person would stay a guest on a website.  Let me know, I am at pat71896@hotmail.com

AnnTheGran has undergone some changes and for better or worse, life is always full of changes.  I do really hope that I hear from people and perhaps respond to some thoughts of mine:

• Do you learn from this site?
  • Do you feel it is valuable in some way to the embroiderers of the world?
  • Is there something you would like to see changed?
  • Would you like to share why you are not a 'member?'  There are two memberships here, one is free to ask, answer and in general talk with others on the site and the other is the paid membership which is very valuable (IMHO) - (Just the savings on stabilizers will save you a lot!)

I think this site is among the finest of its type - learning and training is the emphasis and hopefully, embroiderers will buy where they learn.  After all, it is not cheap to have a huge site like this one.

All information will be confidential.  The owners did NOT ask me to do this.  I just was wondering about being a guest and its benefits.  The newsletter is free and gives you information on my blog (humbly, I think it is a good one!)  I do share what my experiences are, and do not claim to be an expert.  I am an embroiderer just like you and enjoy talking embroidery.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 4:27:21 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Have you received any replies?  The blogs are more active than the forum discussions. 

Time zones can delay discussion responses. 

I check for messages several times a day, unless a personal need for my attention takes me away from the computer.

I have seen several hundred guests online, but none are conversing.  That leaves me envisioning them "ear deep" downloading the free designs.

The other forums that I visit seem to have less than the normal activity of a few years ago.  Could be the "glamor" sites like Sew Mama Sew! attract more of the younger crowd.  They have great photography and fabrics.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:14:19 AM(UTC)

These are interesting thoughts.  I have not received any emails unless they were accidently deleted through the filters for my email.

If someone is a guest and can write to me - pat71896@hotmail.com - please be sure to say "Guest At ATG" so I don't delete them.

I really enjoy reading things from embroiderers from around the world.  I like to hear what others are doing, what issues that they are dealing with and the other things that a group does for and with each other.

I agree that many of the sites are seeming to have less traffic.  I would truly hate to lose the friendships and acquaintances that I have met here because of lack of contact. 

Is there something that I can do to encourage your creating a free, no obligation membership?

(Ann's Club) is different and does have a small price to pay.  I really do believe it is a small price considering what you can get for your fee.  Just the 50% off stabilizer will pay for your membership in no time.

Just before Oprah went off the air, Sally Field (I think) was on and they were talking about what makes life MORE ENJOYABLE.  One thing they both agreed upon was that people who meet with like minded people in a social manner (Forums are exactly that!) are definately happier and live longer.  That has stuck with me for the past several years.  The concept is excellent and I totally agree.

Join the discussion.  No one cares about your spelling or writing, they care about someone with something to share.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

LOL - I just see where I misspelled 'definitely'  - see - no one really cares about spelling!  definitely