Notification

Icon
Error

Options
cheryl1914  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:55:14 AM(UTC)

Hi everyone

I have a brother innovis 950 4x4 hoop

I amtrying to embroider a name ie Maria Blake - my problem is that when I do a large M on my 4x4 hoop I have problems getting the rest of the letters aria a consistant size if they do not all fit in the hoop at the same time. my machine says the embroidery is to big to fit if I try to programme it all in and do as much as I can in one hoop. The minuet I have to move onto the next hoop I have to try to programme the rest of the letter to the size of the first ones.  How am I to know that if I have to add the last a on when I replace my next hoop it will be the same size as the first a. It seems very confusing. I have done it and it looks passable but it certainly isn't right and very long winded so I must be doing it wrong.

Please help

Do I have to plan the sizes of all my letters in advance with their height.

Also although I move my embroidery to the top of the hoop manually it still starts 11/2 " away from the hoop. Is this normal and I have to plan this into the design.

Also if I want a space how do I do that - for example the last a in maria and the large B in blake.

thankyou for your help

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2012 1:59:23 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If you do not have software to combine words, this post may help - http://www.annthegran.co...orums/t/31970.aspx 

When the design is larger than what the machine can stitch, you will have to re-hoop or use a step-hoop that allows moving the area being embroidery without re-hooping.

Embroidering letter by letter needs 3 lines to follow (center, top and bottom) to keep the letters level as well as separated.   See in this next sentence how the letters (Y, t, l, b, f, k and g) fall above and below center: You can use a water soluble fabric marking pen to do this.

You can use the trace key to be sure the embroidery foot does not hit the hoop.  What you are experiencing could be an automatic reset by the machine to avoid having this happen.  However, don't rely on this.  Always trace so the foot does not hit the hoop, which can break the needle and/or cause the machine to go out of time.

When combining letters on the embroidery machine, the underscore key will prove a space. The underscore does not stitch-out.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2012 6:25:16 AM(UTC)

Your Innovis should have lettering built into the machine.  If you look at the various screens, you will find it.  I don't have that machine, so you need to check your manual.

Once you select the "M", you select the 'small, medium or large' configuration and follow with the lower case lettering.  review the lettering screens where you will find a '_' (underscore) and that is the 'blank.' 

The machine is preprogrammed to know it only does a 4"x4" so the lettering will fit in a single frame unless you try to use the 'large' lettering where you may well run into trouble.  When I started - nearly 12 years ago - I tried to get all the largest lettering (as opposed to fonts which are done on a keyboard with specific software) I could find.  To me, it seemed like 3" lettering made sense.  It does not and all those designs that I bought have never been used. 

There are other options such as requesting a digitizer to create a name for you in the desired font/letter. 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer