Notification

Icon
Error

Options
husk  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:59:18 PM(UTC)

Hello everybody...

After 10 yrs of not embroidering I pulled my machine out of the wardrobe again. I have an old Husqvarna Viking Iris. I wanted to use my Embroidery card reader/writer box and D card that need a parallel port what I don't have anymore. I thought I trick it and have a converter Para/USB. I use my VIP costumizer software to fiddle with design but when I want to transfer the desig to my card the software tells me " don't find any reader/writer connected.

I made a fast research and find out I need a totaly new USB reader/writer and also find some info I am no longer able to use my VIP costomizer with it. I need a new software. I get comfused very quickly about the system 4, 5, 5D and so on. I have no idea which would be suitable for my poor old machine. I am looking forward to making my own design not just use a ready patterns.

Can you help me clear this up for me? Also is there any way or method I can somehow use my parallel box. Quite expensive to start again and honestly I want to, so try to dodge it much as I can.

Any input would be a great help....thank you  

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 9:01:19 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Welcome to ATG!

I do not use Husqvarna products, so I cannot help with the software. 

Other members may be able to help.  In the meantime, I did find this group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HVsoftware/