Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mjb125m  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2008 7:05:49 AM(UTC)

Can this stabilizer be left on the project, or should it be washed out before the project is finished

Mary

borden47  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 1, 2008 7:10:00 AM(UTC)

Hello Mary.

Water Soluable Stabilizer stays put while the project is being embroidered.  Once project has been completed to your satisfaction and you remove the hoop, that is when the water soluable stabilizer should be rinsed away.  If you have an excess amount of stabilizer around the project, it might be good idea to gently cut away the excess before rinsing.  Hope this answers your question.

Joan / NJ

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 8, 2008 6:46:39 AM(UTC)

I have left some water soluble stabilizer on a project because I did not want someone to feel like it might have been used (and therefore washed).  But, I did remove as much as I could and advised the recipient that the stabilizer would desolve when she first washed it.

I would not leave a lot of it on the project because I have observed some of that stabilizer becoming sticky because it got a little damp.  I know that some people have said to use a spray bottle on the stabilizer, but I felt like that could increase the posibility of leaving a sticky spot. 

You don't say why you would want to leave it on, that may be the bottomline.  If it has to stay, then it has to stay.

Pat