Notification

Icon
Error

Options
janconk@hotmail.com  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 6:40:30 AM(UTC)

I just joined Ann the Gran and purchased the Luggage Tage designs, but I can't find the directions for how to stitch out and put the tag together.  Please respond ASAP.

Thank you

Jan

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2012 10:44:54 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Welcome to ATG. 

This is how I would do it:

The tags appear to be blanks that you embroider as you would any blank.  You might start with a frame (should be a built-in design on the EM), or a basting stitch.  Reduce so it fits the tag, then add the design so you are sure it will fit within the frame/basting stitch. 

Use sticky back stabilizer and a titanium coated embroidery needle to reduce the chance of the needle and thread getting gummy (this type of needle does not heat up as a regular needle will). 

Stitch out the frame or basting stitch on just the stabilizer.  Remove the paper backing from the center of the frame.  Gently press the tag onto the exposed sticky stabilizer and stitch.

I would test this suggestion with an old luggage tag first. 

I found these pictures that may offer more in the way of how it is done - http://www.allaboutblanks.com/Luggage_Tags.htm

A couple more suggestions:

#1 - This is a discussion forum. For questions about products you need to contact customer service.

#2 - It is not a good idea to use your email address as a screen name. This encourages spam.