Notification

Icon
Error

Options
jackidalton  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2008 12:27:26 PM(UTC)

Hi,  I getting ready to upgrade my embroidery machine and am looking for some suggestions.  I currently have a Singer Futura CE-100.  I consider it my starter machine.  I don't need it to be a combo~~sewing/embroidery.  I would like it to have most of the bells and whistles, jump stitch cutter, etc.  I'm aware that this will be a financial investment.  Can I get some feedback from my "Embroidering Sisters"?

Thanks,  JD 

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2008 5:29:03 AM(UTC)

How exciting for you!  I have had a total of three machines and each time I upgraded, I was in heaven while I did my research.  Here are a few things I considered to be important to my purchase:

• Buy from someone reputable!  This site does have a good reputation and that is really important.  Don't be swayed into buying something off an auction type of Internet place because of price.  Frankly, there are too many reasons to list here why, but my personal favorite reason is - you cannot get service and/or training.
  • You need to visit shops and have hands on demos on machines in your price range.  They work great with an experienced sales person, but you will be the one sewing it on a day to day basis.
  • You need to have lessons.  I have been embroidering for nearly 7 years and have been self taught.  The instructor did not have a clue and I paid dearly in time and frustration for that mistake.  Now I have to unlearn all the habits I had.
  • It never hurts to try to bargain with your dealer.  Trade ins and other assistance may be available and you want to have any advantage they offer.
  • Be sure you know what the servicing of the machine will entail.  Is it going to be done in house or sent to Korea (out of town) for servicing? 

In the end, it comes down to being sleepless over a machine.  If it keeps you awake all night because of all the fun you are having, you got the right machine.  If, on the other hand, it keeps you awake with frustration - well, you know what I mean.

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat