Notification

Icon
Error

Options
etlyles  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:23:34 AM(UTC)

I am completely overwhelemed! I did tons of research before purchasing an embrodiery machine and purchased my Brother 770 due to all the "user friendly" reviews. Maybe I am just not cut out for this but I can not seem to get anything right!! No matter what fabric I try the thread ALWAYS breaks!! I have read the manual a MILLION times but I do not get any answers on how to fix my problem. I have only had the machine 1 day but I fear I have gotten myself into a mess that Iwill never figure out! I was so looking forward to monogramming and doing appliques for my daughter and I am totally disappointed in myself for not figuring this out. The machine was purchased online so I do not have a local store to go into for help.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:30:09 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Have you tried a different spool of thread?  Make sure the thread is not catching on the spool's cap or winding around the spool pin. Have you initiated each step as you read the instructions?  Sometimes important steps can be missed if the instructions are read as a whole beforehand.

Brother has a warranty and a Brother dealer has to honor their warranty.  What if you had purchased the machine from a dealer in Timbuktu and then moved to Never-never-land?   Or, your original dealer had gone out of business? 

Sewing machinery needs to be serviced  - sometimes annually and sometimes right out of the box.  So it would be best to work with a local dealer.  Buying your supplies from him/her may make him/her more inclined to help someone who did not purchase the machine from them.