Notification

Icon
Error

Options
katydog56  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 7:26:11 AM(UTC)

Why will the designs I downloaded not upload to my Embroidery Machine like I usually do?  My format is PES and I downloaded two of the crown designs.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:55:44 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If the designs are zipped, you will have to unzip/open/extract (depending on the wording of your PC's operating system) them. 

Most downloads are zipped/compressed to speed up download time.  Neither your PC nor the EM can read a zipped file.

Another possibility would be the size of the design is too large for your EM.

terimach  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 9:28:00 AM(UTC)

Hello, am new here and need some help ..... I have the PE770 and finally figured out how to download the designs for the 5 x 7 hoop.... welll was all ready for the applique/embrodiery and my machine gave me an error: "cannot sew on this screen".....  Probably spent over $50 for many different designs and cannot get any of them to work....any thoughts?

Thank you

Terimach

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2012 10:42:26 PM(UTC)

Message errors do not always pinpoint the exact problem. 

Most downloads are zipped/compressed files to save download time.  This type of file has to be unzipped/opened/extracted before it can be used.  Wording depends on your software program.  Once the design file has been extracted and saved and you are satisfied that you have the design along with any text (color chart, size), then you can delete the zipped file.

You also have to be sure to have the correct format for the embroidery machine.

Another caveat is to be sure the design is well within the measurement of the hoop.  If the inner hoop measurement is 5 x 7, you want the design to be less than 5 x 7 or the embroidery foot may hit the inner hoop.  Hitting the hoop will make the stitch-out to go askew, can damage the hoop or even knock off the machine's timing.

craftymel14  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 4:17:03 AM(UTC)

Great answers... I was having a heck of a time when I purchased designs from Linda's embroidery designs. For some reason my machine was not loading them. I changed a few settings on the machine and they loaded properly. You have great tips here for people having problems.

pattiann  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:37:59 PM(UTC)

What settings did you make to your embroidery machine that would allow the designs to be accepted?  The only thing I can think of would be size or position of the design file.