Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pattiann  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:59:38 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

How often do you check the Inbox for messages? 

I seldom do...I just forget that it is there!  If the darn thing would just blink or trigger an email it sure would help.  Hmm

What else could be done to make this a more user friendly site?  List your suggestions.  Perhaps if "We" submit as a group, improvements can be made.

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:01:38 AM(UTC)

Gee, I agree!  I usually send an "email" when I want to get in contact with someone because of this very issue.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

BTW - I LOVE to see all projects, good and bad because we learn from all sorts of things - here is one of my newest.  It is actually a mistake, I got the colors reversed.  I think it is better than originally planned!

marsuz  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:36:47 PM(UTC)

Ok Pat, I have been on this site for a long time and I didn't know there was an inbox on it.  Where is it?

I check e-mail twice a day, if I don't there would be too much to handle at one time.

For my suggestion I just wish that we could go back in time to when this was such a fun place to visit.  There used to be so many of us that we had our own little family.  The retreats in Orlando were great and I really learned so much at them and met the gals that were on this site.  Ann was great and she taught us so much.

Marge

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:55:03 PM(UTC)

At the top of the screen - see your Screen Name/Edit/Inbox/Sign Out?

Click on Inbox to see if you have any messages.

pat71896  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 5:24:21 AM(UTC)

I so agree with you Marge.  I am happy you brought this one up.  I do have some thoughts about it – (don’t I always. . . )

·       That retreat was expensive to put on.  I applaud Ann (PulseMicro) for putting it on because no one else on the Net has ever tried to do anything like it.  Some have done ‘area’ style groups, but this national event was unique.  I envied you in Florida for your group and wish I could have come to that one too.  Perhaps when there is a Stitchin Sisters or some other event in an area, you could also have a day for getting together at that time.  I know that would be of interest to me.

·       Indeed this used to be a more fun place.  IMHO, some people may have gotten their feelings hurt for some real or perceived incident and some of them left.  Unless you are a teenager, we all know that it is silly to sweat the small stuff.  Get over it!  If people made an effort to post 2 or 3 times every month, this place would rock again. 

·       Some people may consider me to be a little pushy about my photos.  Frankly, I post so that others will post.  I always add a little statement about posting to try to encourage others to do so as well.  If you are not part of the solution – you may be part of the problem.  I don’t mean that to anyone in particular, everyone can join in.  I love seeing things from newbies because it reminds me of my own beginning and may just remind me of a tip I have forgotten about.  We all learn from nearly everything we read and see. 

·       Lastly, I don’t want to see this becoming a forum of just a few.  I can see that people are reading things but so few post.  If you learned something or just want to say “hello” that is great.  POST.  I can remember one person was going through a hard time and posted here.  I know I sent an email of support and I would bet many others did as well.  I consider you all to be my embroidery sisters and brothers. 

Here is a photo of a heavy canvas bag I did for someone very special to me.  I had to use two layers of heavy cut away on it.  I loved how it turned out.  The photo is not good, but the project was excellent.

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

marsuz  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 10:29:57 PM(UTC)

Hi

The retreat may have been expensive to put on but Ann and all the venders made a killing.  There was a lot of money flowing that weekend from designs to Brother Machines.

It was fun and I made some lifelong friends there like a lot of others.  The demo's were great and that is why so much stuff was sold, we could ask questions of the presenter.  I am on several list now but I still miss the one we had here.

Marge

PS  I will start posting some pictures. 

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2012 6:22:22 AM(UTC)

I really don't have any idea who made what or not.  But a retreat is wonderful and I do wish there could be more. 

I can't wait to see some of your projects.  The quality and or issues does not matter, what matters is the sharing. 

I just had a request from a bride for a hankie for her son who is 12 and will be an attendant.  I got so excited about the idea because I had a son attend my wedding as well.  Here is what I wrote:  (I don't have the completed project yet, I will post when I get it)

I am filled with pride,
my son, as you join me
on this special day.
Carry this hankie now
and again on your own
wedding day.
My love to you, Mom

Embroidery touches me so often where ever I go.  Thank you, community for being here and sharing.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

jmeyer4  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 11:48:01 PM(UTC)

Hi

I happened to see this yesterday and really enjoyed reading  it.

I'm 70 years old and I have 2 machines. A Viking Designer 1 and a Singer 9960. I'm thinking of getting another machine that falls somewhere in the middle. Any suggestions? 

I hosted a group of quilters, embroiderers, and all areas of sewing a few years ago. It was a wonderful group from all over the Us, Canada, Austrailia, etc. I loved it but health issues caused me to leave and then everyone else did. It was a real shame to lose it and I still miss it so I understand missing a group you loved.

I will post if I remember where to go to do it [:@ I forget everything one second after I think about it - HA ! Getting older is not for sissies.

Jackie

pattiann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:32:46 AM(UTC)

Welcome to ATG.

Shopping for a new machine is always exciting.  

I find the best way for me is to make a list of what I plan to do with the machine as well as which features are the most important to me.  My list includes a friendly, helpful dealer who is patient while I test their stock. 

If I am not sure about the first dealer, or their products, I move on until I click with the perfect combination.

So far, that has been Babylock for sewing, embroidery and serging.

We share the same birth year, or close to it and one of my tricks for finding this or that is to save it as a favorite, then when I click on the category in favorites I have what I am looking for and save time (which is precious when you are a busy retiree).  On the other hand, searching can provide several happy finds to also be added, or not.

Enjoy.