Notification

Icon
Error

Options
quiltsintexas  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:48:39 AM(UTC)

This is totally wierd, but I opened my Catalogue Express & cannot find my Catagories List.  It opened with the screen with "All" the designs waiting to be catagorized and when I moved the screen over to show the Catagories List, the blank column reads, at the top of the column, "no info available."  I searched for an answer on the site but didn't find an answer. There is probably a simple fix, but I haven't found it.  Help, please.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 4:50:48 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I do not have this product.  However, it may work the same as the brand that I do have.  I have to select the files from where they are stored on my computer's hard drive, or removable drive (usb stick).

mussari4  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 17, 2012 10:16:11 AM(UTC)

Mine have disappeared too & it's not the first time. I have had a lot of issues with this program & the tech support is simply not there. I can't repair as that function doesn't work or is corrupted. I was told to reinstall the program & reload the designs. I have over 7000 designs so this is not an easy task. I am looking for another program to replace this one as it is too faulty

I have fixed the errors by doing a total system restore to the computer. It's the only solution.

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:01:31 AM(UTC)

Once cataloged and saved, your design files remain on the computer's hard drive or wherever (disk, stick drive, floppy) you chose to store them.

mussari4  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:24:15 AM(UTC)

I have been told by tech support that the files remain in the main file from which the library was created. So for me, my main files are in a Brother file. From there, I drag over to CatalogueXP. Catalogue XP only reads the files, it does not store them. My problem is the program is corrupted again so in order to fix it, I have to reinstall the program, & again, drag/drop over 8000 designs back into the library.

pattiann  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:32:57 AM(UTC)

Do you have security software to prevent the corruption?

mussari4  
#7 Posted : Saturday, February 18, 2012 2:12:30 AM(UTC)

Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. I'ved had this program for a couple of years & I have found it's easily corrupted so I do a system restore & it returns the program to before the corruption occured. If any of the repair functions are used, it wipes out the data & I'll be stuck cataloging all may designs again. I love the program but if it becomes corrupted again, I'm switching to Buzz Tools.

marsuz  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:24:05 PM(UTC)

I have used CatX for years and have never had that problem.  Do you back up CatX?  Under tools you can back it up and I do this every time I add something to it. If CatX is backed up  you can restore it right in the program.  I think some of you problems is the PC. 

Marge

mussari4  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 10:40:35 PM(UTC)

Thanks Marge! No, the PC is fine because other than CatXp., the environment is stable. I suspect the program somehow became corrupted or I'm missing a string in the registry. It won't allow me to backup anymore or perform any functions under Tools & I'm afraid to "reset" for fear it will remove all designs & I will have to drag/drop 8000 designs. So I back up my designs to a thumb drive & I'm looking into an online back up so I'm sure not to lose anything.

quiltsintexas  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:27:29 AM(UTC)

[quote user="mussari4"]

Yes, Microsoft Security Essentials. I'ved had this program for a couple of years & I have found it's easily corrupted so I do a system restore & it returns the program to before the corruption occured. If any of the repair functions are used, it wipes out the data & I'll be stuck cataloging all may designs again. I love the program but if it becomes corrupted again, I'm switching to Buzz Tools.

This is the second time I've lost the "Categories" column/list & I wasn't finished sorting the almost 8,000 designs I have.  That's it! I'm going to look into Buzz Tools or at the very least organize my embroidery designs in my computer files where I have a chance of finding them by going through Embird.

pattiann  
#11 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 8:51:01 AM(UTC)

If all you want to do is find your files, Thumbnailer is the most economical program.  With this software, you view the files from where they are stored on your computer.

http://www.annthegran.com/Search.aspx?q=thumbnailer

mussari4  
#12 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 9:40:45 AM(UTC)

Thanks Pattiann. I have looked into thumbnails. I really like CatXp so I'll hold on until all heck breaks loose. I wish the program had a more comprehensive repair program other than wiping it out through uninstall/re-install. For the price, it's a good program. Like I had said earlier, I have an idea something corrupted the registry or the program itself.

atgadmin  
#13 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 10:36:44 PM(UTC)

Hi:

I have seen this with some other customer and I think you have pulled the bar diving the Category list from the Info part.So put your cursor over the bar and pull it down.The same thing could happen if you pull the side bar too much to the right hand side so it covers the list.

Try it and if it does not work please send me an email support@annthegran.com and we always answer all the emails on the same business day unless if it is weekend.

With Regards

Annthegran Support Team

mussari4  
#14 Posted : Monday, February 20, 2012 11:51:13 PM(UTC)

I had done what you suggested & the colume was empty. I believe it read, "no display." What I need to do is uninstall & reinstall the program. I did have an email exchange with Annthegran tech- possibly it was you & it seemed, that was the only option. I really don't want to uninstall as I have too many designs to place in the catagories of the new installed program. Do you know  if I download CatX, will it overwrite my CatX program or must my version be uninstalled?

So i just sweat along, hoping someday I don't open CatX & see everything missing! At this point, doing a system restore helps any issues.

pattiann  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:10:42 AM(UTC)

You will have to send this message to support.  The only reason they posted a response was because I asked for an intervention.  I will only do this once and only when the customer has exhausted all possibilities.

I keep a file for each design category in a specific folder on my PC's hard drive as well as a back-up on a stick drive. I have never counted how many I have.