Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mussari4  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2011 8:25:25 AM(UTC)

I cannot back up my CataloguXpress. I get a pop up that says, backup failed. Has anyone else had this issue & how did you resolve it? After many 1 sentence suggestions from technical, the final was to uninstall it then reinstall. That would mean I have to re-enter over 7000 designs! If there isn't another solution, I will go to another program. Has anyone had this problem?

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:11:27 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

CatX does not store design files.  The design files remain where originally stored; hard drive, removable drive (flash drive/stick/thumb drive) or floppy.

When you sort or edit, note where the computer's operating system saves the design files.

mussari4  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:15:07 AM(UTC)

Do you know if I click on repair/pack, will that remove the designs from my screen? I realize the designs are stored on my hd but they are still visable in the library & I'm afraid they will be removed from the software as it restores to it's orginal form. I have over 7000 designs catalogued so I don't want to lose all that work dragging them into catagories.

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 11:17:42 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Do you have a folder on the HD for machine embroidery designs with sub-folders for each category?  If so, that's where they will remain until physically moved.