Notification

Icon
Error

Options
tam76  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 8:26:50 AM(UTC)

Hi I am wandering if you can and how to add a design from a file to alphabet xpress and then add text font to this design already in alphabet xpress so that I have the whole design there and don't have to try and redo both thanks Tammy I am new to all this :)

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 3:13:02 AM(UTC)

If you would like to review some of my tutorials on Alphabet Xpress and Catalog Xpress, check here - http://www.annthegran.co...ess-and-alphaxpress.aspx

You can set up some words and then go to "File" and select "Merge Stitch File."  Add your design and then you can add text to again by using another 'text.'

If I understand your question, I have done this as an example.

I placed the first words "The Kids," then Merged the design, then added text again "Jennifer." 

Hope this helps!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

krmorton  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 8:04:08 AM(UTC)

I was wondering if Alphabet Express would allow me to merge more than two files?? I am wanting to embroider names and the fonts that I bought come as each letter being a file. Thanks sooo very much.

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 1, 2012 11:17:23 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

The above post should answer your question.

krmorton  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 2:13:32 AM(UTC)

I bought fonts... not from alphabet Express, but some place else. Each letter is it's own file.... so how can I merge more than 2 files? For example... If I am wanting to embroider "Kristin"....  It allows me to merge the K and the r together but will not allow anything else.

pattiann  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 5:04:46 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I do not have AlphaX as a lettering software program came with my embroidery machine.  However, I believe both products work pretty much the same.

If you are not using the AX fonts, then it could be the fonts you are using are being seen as a separate design file for each letter. 

I do not know how may files you can open and merge in one hooping on your EM. 

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2012 6:46:11 AM(UTC)

Actually, AlphabetXpress has a different function than you are trying to use.

Look at it this way - You have fonts which are good for monogramming and short words that can be put together within your machine's confines.

AX is a software that works with its own font system within the software.  It is proprietary software, the software works with the lettering meant for it.  That goes for any of the systems out there.  In this case, AX places wording from two letters to 100+ words on the screen.  Then you can add a design and work them together.  You could put the design in first and then the lettering as well.

You want to pound a nail into the wall with a fly swatter - it won't do the job. 

If you have purchased AX, there are preset fonts and you can do it from there.  I believe that you can do this in the Trial package as well. I have used it so long - - - VERY SUCCESSFULLY - - that I don't remember the trial package.

Here is how to do it:  Open AX and Select the ABC Icon, then select text. 

Next, place your cursor on the work space and type in Kristin, the Properties box will become open.

and resize to your specifications, normally I just change the height and that works just fine.

When you press Apply, your word will be on the work space.  I also select the Hoop icon so I can see a small mock up of my project.

Then go to the File Menu and select Merge Stitch File

Select whatever you want to go into your design.  You must have the merge design prepared in size and other changes because you cannot change it in AX.

Do your Save As in your format and place on your machine for embroidery.  Here is my finished project ready for sewing.

Here is one of my projects that I sell on my site:  (I just love showing off my work. . . . . Wink)  Also, I use a very good photo software that is FREE, email me if you want the information.  It is well written and also VERY user friendly.  (I never use those terms casually, I mean it!)

Follow the prompts is the easiest thing about AX, it is so user friendly that I recommend it all the time.  I have tried 3 other programs but they were too hard to follow for me.  Incidentally, for 8 years, I taught software programs in Arizona.  I am familiar with many of the 'natural' languages that are used.  For those other 3, the 'natural' language was not in keeping with programming standards.  IMHO, the programmers were either unfamiliar with embroidery but knew programming or vice versa.  I suspect there are only few people who would have both abilities in the universe.

The hardest thing about AX is uploading the fonts that you can purchase.  You can see my run down here and it shows how to do the download.