Notification

Icon
Error

Options
tiggervd  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 8:49:09 AM(UTC)

Hope someone can help...I just purchased the placement kit for children...now this should be simple to use, but I've managed to do something wrong.  I was doing tshirts for my grandchildren.  I placed the template on the shirt lining up the neckline with the template, placed the sticker in the hole.  I'm thinking this is where the the center of the design should be placed?  Is that incorrect?  The top of the design ended being only 1 inch maybe a little more down from the neckline.  The template says the design should be 2 inches down from the neckline.  Am I using this incorrectly.  Is that hole in the template only for lettering across the top of the shirt? My grandchildren won't know that the design is too high on the shirt.  They still turned out cute, but it bothers me that the placement appears incorrect.  Any help would be appreciated...Vickie

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:59:50 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

I do not have a placement kit, nor have I ever used one.  However, I did look at the download for this product (placement kit for children) and it appears you have followed the instructions for placement.

My suggestions are:

Check the center of the design to make sure it is the same as the center placement dot per the kit.

Make sure the design is not too large for the garment and placement dot.

Use the EM's jog feature to see where the design will be and then adjust center to where you want the design to stitch out.

It is always a good idea to test new designs before stitching them out on a garment.

tiggervd  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:37:26 AM(UTC)

I think I now understand what I did incorrectly.  When I go back and look at the template, the location of the hole to place the target sticker is based on the design being 1 1/2" tall.  My design was nearly 4 inches tall.  So you can't just place the template on the shirt and place a sticker in the marking hole, unless of course your design is 1 1/2 inches tall!!  I was hoping to find a magical device to make marking the placement of the design easier....still looks like I will be doing some measuring!!