Notification

Icon
Error

Options
dragonfly2u  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 1:58:47 AM(UTC)

When I am using an embroidery design that has black in it , the white bobbin  thread  shows on top of my black thread . HELP!   Bettie,     sophia2u@wildblue.net

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:47:35 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If this is not happening with the other colors, it could be the brand of thread you are using.  In addition, there are prewound bobbins in black as well as white.  I use NEB brand prewounds.

In an effort to eliminate spam, this site discourages the posting of personal email addresses.

utahbev  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2011 2:19:31 PM(UTC)

Hello!

Try loosening the upper tension a bit. This adjustment will pull the top thread to the underside so it doesn't show.   Bev

susiesembroidery  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:50:00 AM(UTC)

Check your tension on the upper thread. Your bobbin floss might be much thinner than the top thread and this will need adjusting. Also, change of needle sometimes helps to  correct this. Hope this will be of help to your.  All the best.  Susie. 

pattiann  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 6, 2011 10:46:18 AM(UTC)

Machine embroidery thread is not the same weight as the top thread on purpose.  It can be 60, 70 and even 90 weight for a few select brands and models.  The recommended weight should be indicated in the manual for the machine being used.

If only one color is the problem, it is most likely the brand of thread and not the tension. 

Black was the color being used and there are brands that used a process for making this color that tends to weaken the thread.  I have had problems with C & C and Sulky.  When I switched to RA and Maderia the problem when away.

darlingshazza  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 2:36:26 PM(UTC)

I just use the same color thread for the bobbin ,for most of my darker colors ,so they won't show through.

Darlingshazza

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 2:58:56 AM(UTC)

I agree with Pattiann and Darlingshazza!

I use RA and Madeira successfully but have nothing but trouble with Floriani.  I discarded a large amount of that thread, since I had purchased, at a dealer's high recommendation, a large box of it, the loss was OVER $150 TO ME.  The colors looked great in the trash.

I even wrote a blog about it.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

marsuz  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 10:19:25 PM(UTC)

My advice would be to try different brands of thread.  My machine hates Floriani but I can use it in my 6500P for quilting.  They are both Janome machines so each machine has a mind of its own.  I use Madeira and sometime RA and that is it in the embroidery machine.

I never touch the tension on the embroidery machine, it has been the same for 3 years now.  What I will ask if you have cleaned out the bobbin case area lately?  Another thing is how often do you change the needle?  I change the needle every 4th bobbin, this might seem like a lot but the needle in an embroidery machine is really taking a beating.  Needles are one of the cheapest things that can be bought for our ME.  I have had so many fellow embroiders ask why work looks so 'clean', that is the word that keeps popping up and I tell them about changing the needle.  I have had some tell me that they have used the same needle for a year!!!!!!!!!!  Try cleaning the machine, change the needle and use a different thread and let us know how it worked.

Marge

pattiann  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:58:12 AM(UTC)

I would try all of Marge's suggestions before tossing out expensive thread.  If you find a certain brand, color or size does not preform well after all the suggestions, then re-purpose it.  It could be used for basting, if you sew.  Or store in a clear jar(s) for a color accent in the home.

gfrancis1  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 1, 2013 10:43:09 PM(UTC)

[quote user="marsuz"]

My advice would be to try different brands of thread.  My machine hates Floriani but I can use it in my Janome 6500P for quilting.  They are both Janome machines so each machine has a mind of its own.  I use Madeira and sometime RA and that is it in the embroidery machine.

I never touch the tension on the embroidery machine, it has been the same for 3 years now.  What I will ask if you have cleaned out the bobbin case area lately?  Another thing is how often do you change the needle?  I change the needle every 4th bobbin, this might seem like a lot but the needle in an embroidery machine is really taking a beating.  Needles are one of the cheapest things that can be bought for our ME.  I have had so many fellow embroiders ask why work looks so 'clean', that is the word that keeps popping up and I tell them about changing the needle.  I have had some tell me that they have used the same needle for a year!!!!!!!!!!  Try cleaning the machine, change the needle and use a different thread and let us know how it worked.

Marge

Good advice.

Another Janome 6500P user here. Lovely machine!!

:)

#11 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 5:10:35 AM(UTC)

I don't know if your are using the Babylock Ellisimo and prewound bobbins, but if so, remember to put the little gadget that sits into the bobbin case to make the prewound bobbin sit higher.  I forgot that and had tension problems,  Cathy 

jmeyer4  
#12 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:02:21 AM(UTC)

If your machine has self balancing tension then take your machine in for a tune up to a reputable dealer. This is realitavely inexpensive and you will think you have a new machine when it comes back. If it is not self balancing then have a date with your owners manual and fix it so it is balanced. 

Good luck

Jackie

pattiann  
#13 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:53:12 PM(UTC)

I believe the item is a bobbin center pin - http://www.amazon.com/Bo...5051/dp/B0038RGGYG  I always use this with the prewounds as they are shorter than the bobbin spools that come with my embroidery machine. 

Brother manuals have a graphic with measurements for using the correct size bobbin.