Notification

Icon
Error

Options
dlowrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:04:48 PM(UTC)

Hello - I am trying the Catalog Xpress 2.5 trial and I have run into a problem.

I want to convert some .HUS format designs to .PES (I have a Viking D1 and just got a great deal on a Brother Embroidery machine).

I am using the Catalog Xpress 2.5 Trial to do the conversion. While Catalog Xpress says the conversion worked, and icons for all the .PES versions show up in the catalog, when I go to load them on to a Brother card, using Brother's PED-Basic software, some of the converted designs are marked as not valid stitch files.

I am also evaluating BuzzTools as well, and when I use it to do do the conversion, all the converted designs load into PED-Basic just fine. 

Is this a case where the Catalog Xpress trial is crippled on purpose, or is this a bug? 

I need to make a decision in a week or so on which software to buy. I really like Catalog Xpress's cataloging a LOT better than BuzzTools. However, since I have both types of machines now, the conversion feature needs to work.

Thanks! 

dlowrey  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:27:45 PM(UTC)

A slight clarification...

It looks like I have the 2.0 trial. Even though the web site says the product is 2.5, the trial download is 2.0. 

Is there a 2.5 trial I can install to see if it fixes this problem? 

Also, Catalog Xpress lets you convert to 5 different versions of .PES. I tried all fiva and all had the same problem.