Notification

Icon
Error

Options
laruej  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 4:04:36 AM(UTC)

Since I just returned from ATG Community Circle, I'd like to tell you all how much fun we had.   I had a great time.  I met so many people I have only heard from/about before. Some quilting fans, some were not.  But without a doubt, no exception, EVERYONE, was nice, fun, funny, friendly, hospitable, ,BEaUtiful, and kind (sometimes boistrous).  Need I say more about the folks?  Even met Ann, herself and some of her talented helpers.

The classes were entertaining and fun.  All the teachers were first rate.  Standouts were Pat Snyder, Mary Mulari and Rita Farrow (funny lady)  The organizers of the event did a top notch job, in the slection of location, food, classes and downright friendliness.  The shopping was not lacking.  Lots of green passed over the counters, not much plastic allowed.  (who cares) Wish everyone could have been there.  Especially some of you who live outside the USA.  We really appreciate all of you

Stitches to you,

LaRue, LaRueSews-Quilts

pat71896  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2009 12:40:59 PM(UTC)

LaRue-Hello again, I stayed one day longer and enjoyed a gentle rain in Orlando. 

I second all your applauding for this fun event!!!   The prizes were not too bad either!

If I ever eat that much again, I will be rolling to next year's event, but you can bet that I will be there!!!  I am already planning my next presentation, if ATG and company will have me. 

There was so much love and joy to share, we all were blessed with wonderful friendship and there is no way to put a price on that.

Seriously consider starting a 'savings plan' for next year.  YOU DESERVE A BREAK. 

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

laruej  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:11:36 AM(UTC)

There was so much love and joy to share, we all were blessed with wonderful friendship and there is no way to put a price on that.

Seriously consider starting a 'savings plan' for next year.  YOU DESERVE A BREAK. 

Pat+everybody who's interested.

They BETTER say they want to.  I think I'll start my piggy bank this week.  That's an easier way to do it.

I had such a good time, but the travel by car isn't that great. Automobile Perhaps wagon train would be a better plan.  Donkey cart, maybe. Confused Friendships are definitely a plus, try it sometime, you'll get hooked.

Stitches . . LaRue

LaRue

clkovatch  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:42:10 AM(UTC)

I too, have just returned from the Florida gathering and would like to thank everybody for the great time.  Mary and Rita were so wonderful in their presentations,  very informative and also fun!  The Ya ya girls were a hoot.

My first writings on the forum were "I am so confused"  Thanks to bboy for clearing everything up for me, because I am so glad that I went and met all of you,

Catherine K.

drbodigie  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:36:06 AM(UTC)

The Community Circle was fantastic!  Even my husband, who I signed up for the classes without his knowledge and who was fighting off some nasty spring allergies, enjoyed himself - and he's never sewn or embroidered in his life!  I want to thank all the wonderful presenters for so many inspiring ideas and tips.  Ann's staff went above and beyond, their planning and organizational skills made the whole thing run smoothly and look effortless (which I'm sure it wasn't!).   Can't wait to hear when the next Community Circle will be!!!!

Denise (and Victor)

alssweetheart  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 1:16:37 PM(UTC)

Community Circle 2009 by far was a great success. There were so many wonderful classes, great ideas and new goodies to try. The appliques are terrific, there are a gazillion aprons to make, new ideas on looking at ourselves as "not a dress size", digitizing made easy (!), fabulous information shared on so many topics. I had a fabulous time, meeting new friends, rekindling old ones and of course~~I am already planning on Community Circle 2010!!!  What a GRAND SUCCESS!!!

Thanks AnnTheGran for a stupendous 2009 Community Circle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 6:44:46 AM(UTC)

I also love being able to put a name to a face.  There were lots of smiling faces and the laughter from Rita's classes could be heard all over central Florida!!!

jnbmd  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 11:13:05 AM(UTC)

I am so sad I had to miss this year's Community Circle.  I hope there is one next year because I am really looking forward to meeting and learning from fellow MErs.  I wish the sessions had been taped because I certainly would buy a copy.

Glad everyone had a wonderful time

See  you next year

Marsha

pat71896  
#9 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:07:14 AM(UTC)

Marsha, I wish you had been there too.  I wanted to put a name to a face, but I hope to see you next year.

I have been encouraging people to start saving for next year.  And the fact of the matter is, it was a great break for everyone far away from the day to day cares we all have.

If we don't take care of ourselves, with breaks for just us, how can we be the wives, mothers and friends for those we care for?

jalcumbrack  
#10 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2009 4:29:25 AM(UTC)

Yeah and your driver wasn't bad either! lol Big Smile