Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pitstop  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 8:31:20 AM(UTC)

Hi all,

I have used Brother and PEDesign for a number of years but am about to buy a Bernina machine.  Does this mean that my PEDesign is now obsolete?   Is there any way that I can convert my PEDesign to read/write my cards and submit it to my new Bernina?>

Thanks,  I appreciate your help.

Penny

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2008 10:38:38 PM(UTC)

Hi Penny,

Unfortunately we don't sell the PE Design software so we would be unable to answer your question.  However, we can give you some information on Bernina software and the ART file format.

Bernina software reads and writes the PES format as well as the ART format.  Only Bernina software can save a design in ART, and even other software that can read ART format does not have the ability to save as ART.

If your PE Design software will not save to the ART format then you may need to look into purchasing Bernina software that will allow you to convert from PES to ART.

Thank you

AnntheGran Support

patticake56  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2008 6:11:30 AM(UTC)

Hi Penny,

I have been using the Pe-Design since about 1999. I have a Bernette600 & a Bernette650 which are both made by Bernina. Also a Brother ULT 2002. They use the PES format along with BabyLock. (They use the same embroidery cards as well.) I understand the Bernina's sewing/embroidery machine unit uses the ART format. I think the only way to be able to use the Pe-Design is to be able to save your design in PES and then convert over to the ART format. I use the Buzztool to convert & I know it WILL NOT convert to the ART format. I'm not sure what conversion software is out there to do it.

Patticake56

heddashorthorn  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:02:31 AM(UTC)

I cant convert the free designs from pes to art I even downloaded that pulse ambassador thing cause someone said to do that but still cant get art please help