Notification

Icon
Error

Options
classykitty  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:20:16 AM(UTC)

Hello,

I am thinking about getting a Viking Designer Se LE and was wondering what embroidery format it takes. I want to be able to download using the usb and go directly to the machine.  I don't want to have to use special software in order to get it to the machine. Also, if anyone has this machine I would love to know how you like it.  Thank you.

trinagray12880  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 2:35:16 AM(UTC)

I own both the Viking Designer I and the Designer SE (just upgraded) and love love love both machines. The format for the SE is VIP, I have copied designs straight to the USB stick and have used the Designer SE software (4D disk manager, that comes with the SE) when I wanted to convert the thread list from Sulky to Mediera. The SE will take a few other formats (in the past I used the HUS format for my Designer I) but the image you see on the screen will not reflect a clear picture of the design, the VIP format reflects a clearer image of the design.

classykitty  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:41:08 AM(UTC)

Thank you.  I was hoping it would take VIP or HUS.  My favorite place I download embroidery designs from has both formats.  I was hoping to avoid having to use software.  I am so glad you you enjoy your machine.  Have you used your jump trim feature?  Is the back messy from using this feature ie birdsnesting.  Thank you.

discreet  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:36:34 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I have the machine and I just love it. I have' taken any of the classes yet but have found my way though much of the programs with little or no problem.

You can download and go right to your machine, I onl have the software that was provided with mine, after a month with this machine I have a wish list a mile long, not that my machine can't do more things than you can imagine I just keep on coming up with more ideas for projects the more tome I spend on it.

Enjoy

trinagray12880  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:56:02 PM(UTC)

I realized last night that the prefered format is VP3, but I use VIP and HUS most of the time, I have converted to VP3 when I wanted the screen to reflect Mederia colors instead of the default sulky colors. You can also change the colors using the 4D Organizer software (I had the software name wrong in my last post "4D Disk Manager"), though I usually just choose the thread colors as I go. The main reason I upgraded was for the jump stitch trim feature, it works fine, but you are correct that it makes the back messy and you will want/need to turn it off for some of the designs. I took the free machine classes when I bought the Designer I and found them to be very helpful because the instructor pointed out many features and tips that I wouldn't have known to look for.

pboyd2  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 6:24:27 AM(UTC)

I have the Designer SE also. 

I am able to load graphics onto the machine.  However, the thread is always in the Sulky Rayon.  The tread guide I print out from the computer show Robinson-Anton (which is the thread I have).  I hate always having to convert by looking at the Sulky list and seeing where it is printing and if I need to make a change in color.

Is there a way to change the machine default to Robison-Anton?

Thanks in advance.

pattiann  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:04:11 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If this is not addressed in the manual for your machine, check with your Husqvarna dealer to see if there is an update for the machine that will allow you to choose other brands of thread.