Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:34:54 AM(UTC)

LOL, it seems like I am always trying to solve my problems - in embroidery. 

I actually have two machines, my very faithful Brother PE700 and an SWF/E-T1501C (15 needles, professional machine).  I was doing some free standing lace designs on my trusty PE700 when I started to have problems with it breaking thread.  I had never had it do that and was totally lost!

Then I took my trusty flashlight (it is right there with the machine) and looked into the threading area and low and behold, there was some red and blue thread/fuzz clinging to the eye of the up take lever.  I could not even remember when I last used either red or blue thread, but  - - - 

I tried to remove it with a pair of tweezers, that area is really small, and determined that the thread/fuzz was VERY attached to that eye.  It was not going to give up without a fight!  I used my mini scissors to clip it and then it came off easily. 

Well, how did that lint get so tied up on that spot?  Well, anytime you have a thread break, there is always some thread left behind.  Breaks are seldom quick snaps, they are usually (not always) where thread becomes nicked and starts to peel off one, then two and lastly the third layer of thread.  (Most 40 weight thread is 3 ply.)  That can be a lot of lint.

I seem to have forgotten this tip:

Always cut your thread at the spool and then -

Pull the thread through the needle to 'floss' the lint or snips of thread that may be left in the hard-to-reach area of the thread path.

Geeze, why did I forget that tip?  LOL, you know why, I need reminders!

Best wishes to you and yours, Pat, The Avid Embroiderer