Notification

Icon
Error

Options
travelbug1237  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 8:23:26 AM(UTC)

HH fellow ME'ers,

I would LIKE to try to machine embroider on the lightest vinyl I could find.

Have any of you tried it; and if so...how did it turn out and which stabilizer(s) did you use?

THANKS
Crash Course Cathy here
P.S. I am thinking that I should use a SHARP POINTED needle, correct?
lself1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 11, 2008 10:04:26 PM(UTC)

Boy, are you adventurous!!  I've never tried this, but I think the first thing would be to select a design that is not dense, the more open the better.  A dense design would tend to "cut" the design away from the vinyl.  I hope you let us know how it goes.  Now that you've mentioned it, I can think of several things I could use the technique for.

Linda

travelbug1237  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 1:05:41 AM(UTC)

HH Linda,

Thanks for your input. : ) I'd planned to use 'lace' designs on the light weight vinyl, so that should take care of the density issue. I was wondering about the stabilizer to use. Pat covered a lot on stabilizers but I think I missed vinyl.
I was hoping to make 'pictures', bookmarks and a cover for my 'traveling trolley" to my classes.

( It rains a lot in Oregon....They don't nickname us 'web feet' for nothing!!! :) ( Oregon Ducks etc. etc.) :)

So you think I'm adventurous huh?? ....Well I am when I am when traveling the world, ( even went to Europe by myself at age 19 for a summer and totally loved it....but when it comes to anything "mechanical" I'm just the opposite....and I do think of ME'ing as " mechanical" ...because there is a 'machine involved.' !!!!!
I don't want to WRECK my new Brother PE 700 machine I won! ( I don't have any others!) :):):)
( I also consider computers, cell phones, etc etc " mechanical" :) :):):)