Notification

Icon
Error

Options
bajandah  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 2, 2008 9:41:43 PM(UTC)

when I sew a design 3 times on my placemat - the first time it sews correctly but the 2nd and 3rd time the design corrupts.  can anyone explain what is happening  - is it the design, the machine or the software!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or maybe the operator.  Daphne

lollieconn  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 3, 2008 10:53:45 AM(UTC)

Daphene,

Can I ask "why" you are sewing the design 3 times?  In the same location?  I guess I'm not understanding your post??

Sincerely,

Lollie in Oregon

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 3:42:44 AM(UTC)

bajandah - I too do not exactly understand the question. 

May I  suggest that you post a photo of your issue in Projects?  Here is how to do that:

1. Select Media or Photos from Ann's Menu (above in pink)
  2. Select Projects from that page (at the top)
  3. Select Add Photo (bottom left)
  4. Select Upload (middle right)
  5. Select Browse and select your photo from your computer
  6. Select Open to place your photo in the upload line
  7. Select Upload and be sure to add a name and description in the appropriate areas
  8. Select Save (bottom right)
  9. Select Exit and Return to Site (upper right corner)
  10. Go to Projects to see your photo.

Return to this forum and let us all know that you have loaded the picture.

I know someone will be able to help you with your concern.

Pat

jalcumbrack  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2008 10:11:54 PM(UTC)

I have done a few placemats and I think she is trying to sew the same design in several places on it,but am not sure either.I have never had a problem with repeating the same design. This is an interesting one,and will be waiting to see how it comes out.

borden47  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 1:11:32 AM(UTC)

Hello Daphne,

There may be a few issues at hand with the designs.

1.  Are you doing three (3) consecutive designs that you have programmed into your machine - designs that will continue running?  Check to be sure fabric is in hoop securely and screws tightened just enough so as not to loosen fabric while embroidering.

2.  Are you doing three (3) designs that you must stop after each one and move the fabric around in the hoop?

3.  When you say "corrupt"....is the design puckering?  Fabric may not be in hoop tightly enough.  is the design being embroidered on top on itself?

4.  Are you doing the placemat in the hoop?  Maybe working outside the hoop might be beneficial.

5.  During the first run of design, has your hoop hit anything accidently to put the hoop a-skew?  I have done that myself when my machine hits the wall and I did not realize it until the design was all fu-barred.

Have you tried again since you received all the replies?

Joan/NJ

bajandah  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 5, 2008 5:37:34 AM(UTC)

I am rehooping for each design - I have tried doing  this twice  and as I am running short of fabric I decided to try it on a different fabric but my material folded back on my embroidery  and I was so upset I did something else. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.  It was also recommended that I take the design into my programme and then save it again calling it another name and that is what I was doing when I had trouble again but I will try again in the future but not this week. thanks Daphne

pat71896  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 5:56:04 AM(UTC)

Daphne - I so understand!   Once frustration reaches a certain level, it is better to set some projects aside. 

Don't forget to clamp the excess fabric with the 'binder clips' or 'straight pins' or other device to keep it out of harms way.  Having to dislocate that fabric is a real difficult task.  Once, mine was actually wrapped around the area where the needle enters to pick up the bobbin.  What a nightmare that was and it was the last of 15 pieces and no more blanks.   I won't do that again!

We have almost all done this one at one time or another.

ps:  I figured out how to place a photo in the forums and it is easier than I originally thought.  In an earlier post in this thread I posted how to put a photo in Projects.  Do as written, then when making your forum information, select the icon to the left of the Happy Face.  It is called "Insert Media" and your photo will be there.  Double click on the photo and it will appear here.

Pat