Notification

Icon
Error

Options
mjb125m  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 9, 2008 12:02:12 PM(UTC)

I have a new Brothers machine and a thread conversion chart came with it. I have  a large supply of SYLKO ( COATS) not SULKY. On this chart it has Embroidery andCountry plus the other popular ones. The more I read about these charts the more confused I get. Some of the colors are not the same and I do much better if I know the color. Can someone help me understand this? I use the pes formate.
Mary

mawchristineallen  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:11:44 PM(UTC)

This reply might not be the help that you wanted, but the best I can do for you is to recommend that you just do the best that you can to match with the closest color that you have.  I live in a small town and I buy my embroidery thread locally.  The brands that are available are not even listed on the charts that came with the two embroidery machines that I have owned.  It is not as easy as following the charts by name or by number, but the resulting designs are equally beautiful when completed.

Christine ("Maw" to my grandchildren)

borden47  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:37:45 PM(UTC)

Hello Mary,

I had answered your other thread conversion question posted and hoped it helped.  The link below outlines Sylko thread coversion to three other brands; one of which is Madeira (mostly used for thread charts on designs). 

http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat154.htm

Once again, hope this helps.

Joan/NJ

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 19, 2008 1:43:05 AM(UTC)

There are so many different manufacurers and colors, it is hard to get a good color chart.

Try this link, http://www.redrockthread...sene-thread.asp and you will find many color charts for many different makers.

Remember that colors vary on computer screens and the site may have some variables in their presentations of color charts.  So, while not an exact science, that site will give you a very good idea of what you are looking for.

Ann has a lot of well priced thread sets and you might want to look at them for wonderful colors.

Pat