Notification

Icon
Error

Options
eharb6488  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2008 7:53:35 AM(UTC)

I have a Pfaff 4122 and would like to know if there are places on the machine that I can oil at home.  $260.00 is just too much to pay for a simple (I hope) oiling.   Does anyone know how or where I can find this info?   Thanks, Eileen

shplayton  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:01:39 AM(UTC)

I am not familar with the Pfaff 4122.  If it is a computerized machine, Do not, Do not oil it.  For one thing, you will void your warranty.  You can also blow your circuit board.  I have 3 computerized machine and was told that they are self oiling.  When you take it in for servicing by a professional, they will do the oiling if necessary.  As far as $260.00 that is really highway robbery.  I have mine serviced for around $95.00.  If it is not a computerized machine, you may want to contact Pfaff and ask for technical support.  You may find a contact number on the website at www.pfaffusa.com.

Hope this is helpful and not too late.

Sandra Pinson

borden47  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:40:07 PM(UTC)

Hello Eileen,

I agree..........do not oil your Pfaff machine. Stand Away from the Machine!!!!  I have a Pfaff 7550 (oldie) and would not oil it.  In fact, I do not oil any of my machines even the manual ones.

I hope the dealership you received a quote of $260.00 is not the only dealership or servicing store in your area.  I have never paid $260.00 even with broken parts and repairs.

My last "check-up" was $69.95.  I am sure it costs more than that right now but checking the machine out and doing what the serviceman has to do without any broken parts and/or replacements should not be $260.

Good Luck checking the Yellow Pages.

Joan/NJ