Notification

Icon
Error

Options
r_moore1@msn.com  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:29:55 AM(UTC)

I am a fairly beginning embroiderer.  How does one manage a monagram when the last name is two words like "von Winters" or "Del Toro"?  I am grateful for any advice.  Thank you.

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 3:09:32 AM(UTC)

This is one suggestion ,maybe somebody else have other ideas but in this case I have seen people leave off the middle name and use the 2 initials from last name for example Mary Del Toro becomes MDT.

Thank you

Annthegran Support

r_moore1@msn.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 9, 2008 7:39:39 AM(UTC)

Thank you.  I want to monogram towels for a recently married couple.  I was going to place the first initial of each person on either side of the last name.  My daughter suggested I use the wifes first initial with DT on one towel and the husbands on the other.  That does sound like the simplest idea.  Thanks again.  mm

pat71896  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2008 3:51:11 AM(UTC)

I think I would simply ask them how they want it to appear.  That won't work for a surprise gift, but the multiple letter names seem to be more common today.

alssweetheart  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2008 4:50:46 AM(UTC)

I have seen the to initials in the middle and the first initials on either side. ex:    

K DT M

with more people choosing to keep their maiden name and also using a hyphen, it would be wise to ask the receipient what their preference is.

pat71896  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:36:20 AM(UTC)

Alssweetheart - Love your avatar!  When she gets tired of living at your house, give her my address here in San Diego...LOL

Pat

r_moore1@msn.com  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 2:12:26 AM(UTC)

Thank you to all who offered ideas.  I found a font in my 3D Embroidery software that was each individual letter within a diamond frame.  Very pretty when I stitched out a test.  I placed the letters with the husbands initial on the left and wifes on the right with the last name letters on top and bottom.  The diamonds fit together to make a larger diamond and the over all effect was good.  I was proud of the result and the couple raved about their towels.  If the situation comes up again, though, I think I will just ask.  It would have saved time and strain on my brain, but I would not have discovered an interesting font.

Thanks again.  mm

alssweetheart  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 9:55:11 AM(UTC)

That was very clever to put the last name letters the way you did!!  How very creative!!

alssweetheart  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 13, 2008 10:03:44 AM(UTC)

Hi Pat! Thank you for your comment on my avatar.  She is a sweet girl, and loves to hang over the edge of the bed(that is where she is in the photo) , her cat tree or where ever she can lean over (anything).  She has a black patch on top of her head that looks like a wig : )                                      Alssweetheart

hammockhanger  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:02:09 AM(UTC)

I have friends who are finally getting married.  I wanted to use my new "Perfect Towel Kit" that I bought at the Community Circle event.  However, the bride is keeping her last name...  Now what?Tongue Tied

The only thing I can think of is to do one set of towels in her name and one set in his name, kind of like a hers & his'.

Any other thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Sue 

r_moore1@msn.com  
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2008 4:51:19 AM(UTC)

Two separate monagrams are a good idea.  You could also just use the two last initials.