Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pfetsch  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 3:11:45 AM(UTC)

I purchased the Alphabet Express software.  The software comes with 5 alphabets.  I understood I could purchase additional AnntheGran alphabets and merge them into this software.  I purchased Ann's alphabet "Annie" but can't figure out how to get it into the drop down screen so I can use it like the original alphabets.  I downloaded it to my "desktop" and drug it up to Alphabet xpress.  It opens up but only one letter at a time and I wanted it in the drop down so I could write names, sayings, etc.  What am I doing wrong?  Ann had many in her drop down at the Community Circle so I assume there is a way.....but I can't figure out how.  If it is in the instructions I printed off I can't find it. Help.

Barbara

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 5:28:54 AM(UTC)

The only Alphabet that works in AlphabetXpress is the one that says "Alphabetxpress font-Theater" for example and you can see them by clicking on the link below.Annie is not a font ,it is "alphabet design pack".

http://www.annthegran.com/Search.aspx?q=alphabets

when you purchase a true font you can copy\paste it into font folder under C:\program files\Annthegran\Alphabet xpress\Font folder , and it should work fine.

grannyharg  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2008 10:12:56 PM(UTC)

Simply copy/pasting the "Laura" fonts to the C:\program files\Annthegran\Alphabet xpress\Font folder DOES NOT WORK.  Please help...what are we doing wrong?

pfetsch  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 11, 2008 2:57:34 AM(UTC)

Thank you for your reply.  I did not realize Annie did not work with Alphabet xpress.  I would not have purchased it if I had known.

Barbara

annthegran  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 9:53:55 PM(UTC)

Remember the lettering class on day 2, when I explained the difference between fonts and alphabets? A font consists of letters that you can type in, while an alphabet is a set of design files, one for each letter. You've purchased my Annie alphabet design pack. I hope that you do use it, because it's one of my favorites and the one I used in the AnnTheGran logo. The fonts for purchase to use with Alphabet XPress are Fleur, Kids, Laura, Murphy, Prelude, String Bean, Theatre, Athlete and Curley. You'll find all of them here. All of these are also available as alphabet design packs here. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Ann