Notification

Icon
Error

Options
annthegran  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2008 12:31:55 AM(UTC)

I've put together a very short list of things to bring (and one thing not to bring), as well as some comments about the set-up of my first-ever Community Circle. Click here for the full itinerary.

What Not to Bring
Your embroidery machine!

What to Bring
Notebook and pen
Sweater for classrooms as hotels are traditionally cool
Your laptop, if you have one (there are wireless connections in your rooms and the classrooms)
Your credit card, if you wish to make any purchases
Lots of enthusiasm!

Event Store
We will have a small store set up onsite featuring some of Eileen's and my favorite embroidery items. The store will have a bank of computers that you can use to access our web site and order items that you see me or Eileen using in class or that you see displayed and demonstrated in the store. Everything that we display in our event store will be on special, and we'll give you a promotion code when you check in at the registration desk that will allow you to take advantage of all the great deals.

Event Staff
We will have a team of Community Helpers on hand to assist with any questions and to make sure that you get what you want. There will be limited stock at the store (we can't put a warehouse in a hotel banquet room!), so if there's an item you want and we run out of it, we're offering free shipping to all attendees on all items in the event store, so that you can still purchase the item and it will be waiting for you when you get home!

Brotherly Love
Also, just so you know, I will be announcing at the event and on my site next week my very strong endorsement of the Brother PE700, which really is just a wonderful machine for embroiderers, at a price point that the budget-conscious among us can afford. We'll have some folks from Brother there demonstrating and answering questions about the machine, and Eileen and I will both be using the PE700 in all of our classes. We will have several machines available for purchase, and, as a little personal touch, Eileen and I will be signing any machine that is purchased at the event.

See you on Thursday!

Ann

hammockhanger  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2008 10:51:53 PM(UTC)

Brotherly love!!

The PE700 is my machine and I have self taught myself as much as I can (it is a oretty easy machine to use).  It will be great to see some demos and ask questions of experts with my model!!  Yipee!!!