Notification

Icon
Error

Options
heathertriana  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:10:42 AM(UTC)

I recently purchased the Disney SE270D from Brother, but ended up taking it back.  After using it a few times the machine became out of line and broke my needle.  After replacing the needle, I had to "play around" with the machine in order to get it to sew properly.  After talking to a local deal (who appear to be the only dealer in town), I was told that this was not a stable machine. 

What I am looking for is a machine that can do at least 5 x 7 and is reasonably priced.  I am new at this and don't want to over invest.  Speaking with the local dealer, they suggest the new Brother 900D.  Apparently, this is not set to be realized to April 1st & there is not a lot of info, if any, out there on it.  In addition, it appears that the machine can only use a 4 x 4 hoop.  I am a little concerned as I don't want to be too limited on what I can and cannot do.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

annthegran  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2008 10:59:26 PM(UTC)

Hi, Heather,

At my Community Circle event in Orlando next week, I am coming out with a very strong endorsement of the Brother PE700, which really is a wonderful machine for embroiderers (with 5 X 7 hoop). We'll have some folks from Brother there answering questions about the machine, and Eileen and I will both be using the PE700 in all of our classes.

It will be available for purchase both at the event and on my site next Thursday (April 3). I'll be doing my own demonstration at the event, and we'll be videotaping that and posting it here on my site so that my fellow embroiderers can get an idea of how wonderful (and very reasonably priced) a machine this is. I certainly love mine!

Ann

kitty1948  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:46:37 AM(UTC)

I'm not sure if this is the right place for my comments but I would just like to say that I bought a BrothernPE700e (e-for europe,I'm in the uk) about 18 months ago. It has proved to be a fantastic machine, I could not bear to part with my old machine( PE150) but I have to admit I have hardly used it since I got the PE700e.

My only niggle is that a few months ago they brought out the PE700 mark 2, which has a usb port so you can link it directly to the laptop. I wish I knew at the time.

However, I must join you in endorsing this wonderful machine. I cannot recommend it too highly.

Kitty