Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
pattiann  
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:59:17 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

[quote user="crafterbarbara"]

I uninstalled the program as this only would allow me to use my Reader/Writer box.  My only way to download on to my cards for my machine.  I don't know if I will try it again.  But thank you for resonding to my plea.  Sure would like to find a program to organize all the designs I have.

This does not sound logical.  CatX is only an organizing program.  The reader/writer should be able to load from where ever the designs are located; hard drive, cd or floppy.

I have CatX and Designer's Gallery Studio Plus and neither one interferes with loading designs.

I have had the reader/writer unit not work on a PC where I did not have any other software except PE-Design.  I unplugged the unit at the box, turned off the PC, plugged the unit back in and then turned the PC back on and the reader/writer began working.  You can also do this with restart PC instead of shutting down if you are quick.

sarah1928  
#42 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:21:36 PM(UTC)

Dear Carla,  

I am so happy that you mentioned that you could not access the cat express directly from your software, I have a ses2000 singer and I'm having a hard enough problem learning the futura software I really don't need another problem... no one seems to answer the questions on here.... am I missing something here???  

One lady talked about ME  what's that???  I really don't need more steps...I'm lost as it is.  My husband thinks I have disappeared into the sewing room to never return.  

I'm so frustrated with all of it.  I can't even get a whole name to sew out.......ahhhhhhhh.  

Sorry to unload on you but this machine was my xmas gift

I may never get another gift.   LOL   Cathy

pattiann  
#43 Posted : Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:13:26 PM(UTC)

Questions about products need to go to customer service (see CONTACT) at the bottom left of the screen.

ME = Machine Embroidery & EM = Embroidery Machine and saves a lot of typing.

It may be easier for you if you learn the software for the Futura first.   ME software is not easy for everyone and trying to learn more than one program at a time can be very confusing.

The basic purpose of Catalog Express is to provide viewing, organizing and a bit of editing of the design files stored on the PC's hard drive, cd or flash drive, depending on your preference.

Changes have to be saved or they will revert back to where they were when first accessed.

pat71896  
#44 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:08:42 AM(UTC)

Hi Cathy!  I hear a lot of frustration in your post.  I do understand, I felt the same way 10 years ago when I began.  Right now I am trying to do a towel that has me tearing out my brown hair by its gray roots.  Learning and growing is forever and I personally would not have it any other way.

The learning curve (different for everyone) can be very steep depending on your computer knowledge and other variables.  Many of the questions can be answered through Suport (Contact Us at the bottom of any screen) and many are answered by the knowledgeable people here.

One thing that I have found about computers and embroidery both is that the question being asked is never quite what you need to know.  Your questions is a little different than that being asked.  Your questions does not appear in the FAQs.  Your issue is uniquely yours. 

So, ask questions, read, read, read and then try, play and work with your machine.  There is no way to put all the answers into a single place to help all. 

Your post has some issues, ask a single question for now and let us try to help.  Over all, EM people are really helpful and supportive!

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

sacleland  
#45 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 8:46:32 AM(UTC)

I love it, I have over 16,000 designs (mostly from my deceased mother's collection) so it took me over a week to categorize the designs.  But now I can easily find whatever I want.  I did have a problem with my motherboard but my son was able to help me by buying an older machine and installing the harddrive from the old computer in the "new" one so I can get all my designs.  I would hate to organize all of those files again, but would if I had to.  I enter the designs as I purchase them now in their categories.  Really helpful.  Certainly worth the price as so many files only have numbers and when I try to rename them with descriptions in the files, it still is hard to remember just which "heart" is the one I want.  I have taken time to print many of the files with their colors in a notebook, but even then, it is many files to look through.  The Catalog Express makes it all so easy, I couldn't do without it.

Thanks, to "Ann, the Gran" for a great product.

Sharon Cleland[quote user="AnnTheGran"]

How do you like Catalog Xpress? Click on 'Reply' and tell me what you like about it, what you don't like about it, and why someone else should or shouldn't buy it.

pattiann  
#46 Posted : Saturday, January 15, 2011 10:14:48 PM(UTC)

Don't forget to back-up your design files as they are only viewed through CatX and remain stored on the hard drive or flash-drive.

A removable flash-drive can hold many files and the drives come in various sizes.

ky1dog  
#47 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:49:16 PM(UTC)

I bought this program in 08 was only allowed to download it three times due to it not accepting original serial number after changing my computer twice I could no longer use the program I might add it wasnt cheap to buy then I would consider buying the new version of it but only if this is no longer a problem

pattiann  
#48 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:05:48 PM(UTC)

ATG support will work with you "if" there is a problem.  I suggest purchasing the CD and not doing the download.

I had a download and when a problem came up (I had to reinstall the OS on my PC) Support had to get someone from Pulse (mfg of the product) to walk me through the steps to reload it.

I have other software, so I seldom use PA.  I have found Embrilliance Thumbnailer more helpful for organizing and viewing as I do not have a gazillion designs.

These are reputable dealers:

http://www.annthegran.com/prd/CDPackage/Designs-Magazine/Embrilliance-Thumbnailer/1/ATG41391.aspx

http://www.allbrands.com/products/27735-embrilliance-thumbnailer-embroidery-design-softwar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161117948003?lpid=82