Notification

Icon
Error

Options
heavypedalsewer  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 10:09:42 AM(UTC)

I am soooo disapointed that the monthly monograms and techniques have been eliminated.  I do not purchase many alphabets and I thought it would be fun to receive one each month.  I thought the price of the membership would be worth that.  

I really don't believe the price of the membership to be worth 1/2 price alphabets and only slightly reduced prices on items to members.  If I did I might like to keep the membership, as it is I don't know that it is worth it to me.  I just signed up at the end of December. 

I buy my stabilizers close to home and already get discounts there.  (Paying for shipping has always tweeked me and felt like a hidden fee... even more now that prices have to rise with gas prices...) 

Thanks for listening,

Katherine Oler

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:08:41 AM(UTC)

Thanks for your comments, Katherine. We certainly don't want any Ann's Club members to feel that membership is not worth the price. Here are a couple things that might address your comments:

1. We replaced the monthly alphabet with the monthly phrase pack because quite a few Club members were telling us that they were getting alphabets they didn't really want. The idea with the phrase packs was to choose a more popular selection of lettering (some are from our top-selling alphabets) and present them in such a way that would be convenient and seasonal. The first batch will be appearing in Club members' accounts at the beginning of March; I hope you'll sample them and feel that they are of as much value as we think they are.

2. Access to techniques and education will definitely be better with our new set-up. We are lining up some guest blog writers and we are really trying to encourage our more experienced users to contribute. We know that it will take a few months for users to get used to the new system, but we really think this is going to be THE place to get the best and easiest-to-find education and techniques.

3. Your stabilizer point is a fair one; many people join just for the half-price stabilizer, and we sell A LOT. We have plans for some very substantial, members-only promotions that will give you a lot more than just 'slightly reduced' prices on items. Our rule of thumb is that we look at a typical 'shopping cart' full of items embroiderers would use, and we try to ensure that, if a one-year Ann's Club member bought just 3 of them during the course of her membership, she would save the cost of membership (plus still get all the other benefits). Of course, this doesn't work for everyone, but I'm holding out hope that it will work for you!

4. If you download a lot of free designs, there is a very substantial difference in speed for members and non-members. We have had quite a few people tell us that this alone is worth the price of membership. Of course, if you aren't downloading a lot of designs, this doesn't really help you.

Hope this helps explain the changes a bit.

Greg (Web Site Manager)