Notification

Icon
Error

Options
heavypedalsewer  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2008 9:47:37 AM(UTC)

One of the main reasons I chose to join Ann's Club was to have quicker downloads for the free designs.  I have loved your free design forum for years.  How ever for the last year I have seen no new designs...  I figured that they were waiting and when I joined the club I would have access to them more quickly since possibly the site just hadn't been up dated for some time.  To my great disappointment when I joined, there were no new designs waiting for me to download. 

Haven't there been any new designs added in an entire year??? 

atgadmin  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:58:11 AM(UTC)

We appreciate your being a long-term user of the site. You've obviously been with us through lots of changes.

All of our free designs came from generous and open-hearted contributors over the years. Most of these contributors were home users or had small businesses, and most of the designs were contributed in the days before every small embroidery business had a website and many individual users had blogs. These days, as I'm sure you're aware, free embroidery designs are offered in many places. As a result of these larger developments, we experienced over the last couple years a dramatic decline in the number of designs being contributed, in spite of our efforts to get more people to contribute. We kept the 'New Designs' category on the old site longer than we probably should have, always optimistic that contributions would pick up. It became clear that they wouldn't, so we removed that section on the new site.

With over 6000 free designs, we still have a great selection, and being a Club member definitely gives you much faster access to the designs we have.

Most importantly, we're hoping that with the functionality of our new system, it will be much easier for general users to contribute new designs through our forums. We hope that with the ability to tag and search for anything in these forums, users who can't find what they are looking for in our Free Designs section will be able to search in our forums for those missing pieces.