Notification

Icon
Error

Options
atgadmin  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 6:02:34 PM(UTC)

...Something everyone thinks they know how to do it, but many do not really know the correct way. Work with your hoop until you get a good design sewn out, then take note how your hoop is set up, the size, stabilizer, design consideration, etc. I always hoop my fabric and stabilizer. Period! Only maybe once in a long while will I need to embroidery a design without hooping.

It should be tight like a drum when hooped .. not stretched .. just taunt.

1. Use a hoop that is in good condition. (note after hundred's of designs hooped, the hoop will lose some of it's original quality. Get a new hoop.)
2. Use the size of hoop that is the closest to the size of the design.
3. Hoop the stabilizer with the fabric.
4. Loosen the screw just enough for the fabric and stabilizer.
5. Lay the outer hoop on the table.
6. Lay fabric and stabilizer on the table on top of the hoop. Fabric should have grain running straight.
7. Insert the inner hoop (while still on the table) (do not force).
8. Holding index finger and thumb on the inner hoop, pull the fabric and stabilizer gently, but tautly.
9. Do not stretch the grain of the fabric.
10. Pick design up off table and slightly push the inner ring to the back side.(approx. 1/8") This will create a small lip so the fabric is riding on the bed of the machine. Note: it is important that you do not push the inner hoop through too much. This could cause other problems.

When stitching the design, use light pressure on the side of the hoop while stitching very heavily dense designs or if they have detailed outlines.

bonniesalter  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2008 2:41:28 AM(UTC)

I'm new at this. How do I know where to start my design? If I center the item in the hoop, will the design start so that it will be centered or do I need to figure that out.

Thanks for your help

Bonnie

db1921  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2008 9:03:01 PM(UTC)

Most machines automatically start the design in the center of the hoop unless you program it to do otherwise.  There are some great hooping tools out there as well if you have trouble getting the design to sew exactly where you want it.  Perfect Placement is one that you could try.