Notification

Icon
Error

Options
pat71896  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 2:07:14 AM(UTC)

I use my Peggy's Stitch Eraser often when I have issues.  In fact, I think I have become the world's most experienced user. . . 

However, I do small stitches (lettering about 11mm tall) and the eraser is not appropriate for that type of work.  I recently thought about using my Exacto Knife and that worked VERY WELL! 

I am always looking for new uses for everyday things and ideas - do you have one?  It does not have to be embroidery - just a great tip that you would like to share!

Here is one of the terrific designs I found here at ATG (AnnTheGran).  It is on sale this week too.

I  liked the photo that was showing for the design, but when it comes to real life and colors, it is terrific.  I could give this not only for a wedding, but anniversaries as well.

As you may know, I collect designs as a coin collector might do, this one is a joy to just admire.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer

rairden  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:42:55 PM(UTC)

I  have used the  mustache trimmers  from Braun same as the stitch remover.  also  used   seam ripper,  toothbrush for lint,  and  even razors.... hate when it is a mess.    hugs to allSmile

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:10:33 AM(UTC)

Great ideas.  I would not have thought of a mustache trimmer.  I tried my shaver - not a good thing!!! 

I am wondering how you might use a razor. 

I do like the toothbrush for the lint, there is always a 1/100th mm piece of black lint in a white snow bank. . . . I do use my lint roller for the small pieces of lint.  Adhesive tape does not to the job as well as the lint roller.  I also use the lint roller on my floor before vacuuming.  That way, my vacuum does not get clogged by those small threads. 

I was at my vacuum dealers the other day when they were loading vacuums to deliver and at least half of them had baggies attached of the clogs that caused the vacuum to fail.  If you have a long hose, before taking to a repair shop, put a broom handle through the hose to check for blockage.  Sometimes you can bend to loosen or massage out that clump of dirt. 

Tips, I love them!! Whisper

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer