Notification

Icon
Error

Options
emme  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:04:06 AM(UTC)

I have recently purchased a babylock Unity embroidery machine.  I need help getting started understanding the download process on to the computer.  The designs download on the pes format .  Now the problem is that I cannot open these to view the design.  They download with the adobe symbol but then adobe can't open it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Any good books of lessons available to help me get started.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:21:22 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Congratulations on the new machine.   

Downloading design files requires no software.   However, computer operating systems (Mac or PC) cannot read machine embroidery design formats. 

In order to view the design, Embrillance Thumbnailer is an inexpensive software program you may want to consider. 

Before downloading design files, create a new folder on your computer and give it an easy to find name.  As you download, send to this folder.  The downloads will be zipped.  This file has to be unzipped/extracted/opened and then saved.  Rename as necessary.  As your collection grows you may want subfolders (holidays, sports, floral are some examples for the sub folders).

Once you are sure your saved design file was successfully unzipped, you can delete the zipped file. 

After downloading, back-up the folder on a separate flash drive as assurance that your design files will be safe should the computer crash and lose your files.

emme  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:46:08 AM(UTC)

thanks, pattiann.  I have taken your suggestions and I'm on my way. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. 

emme