Notification

Icon
Error

Options
kcrobin47  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 6:44:19 PM(UTC)

I was embroidering a design for a group, the same design and completed the first set. I removed the frame and when I attached the same frame, suddenly the needle will not pick up the bobbin thread. I read the manual, changed the bobbin several times, cleaned out the bobbin area, changed the needle but it still won't catch the thread. I just had the machine in for cleaning and servicing for any problem in October. It has been working great until last night.  I need help!

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2012 11:37:57 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

When the needle thread and bobbin thread do not form a stitch it is usually because the needle is installed incorrectly.  That would not seem to be the issue with the completed project.  In that case, maybe the needle became bent?????

Check the position of the needle when inserted into the needle shaft to be sure it is correct.  Double check the direction the bobbin thread is feeding from the spool.  Hand walk the needle to see how it is interacting with the bobbin thread. 

If the problem continues, call your dealer and ask if you can wait while they take a look so you do not have to make two round trips for the service.

kcrobin47  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:10:31 AM(UTC)

I will try that when I get home, maybe I install a bent needle when I replaced the other one.  Called the dealer and they are giving me a 2 week wait time to get it checked. Thanks for your help.

pattiann  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:47:12 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Now that sounds like you have a great dealer!