Notification

Icon
Error

Options
karidee77  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:32:41 AM(UTC)

I have a Brother Pe-770 why does the upper thread keep breaking !!! urg! I re-hoop use every stabalizer known to man, I changed my needle. I haven't had this machine for about a year and EVERY Design needs re-threaded at LEAST 2x every design !! Im soooo Frustrated !!!! urgh !! can someone tell me what to do ! Its been in the shop 2x and Im about to toss it out a very high window !!!!!!!!!! why can't it just do a design start to finish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pattiann  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:28:18 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

If using a different brand of thread does not resolve the issue, call your dealer, tell him the problem and ask if he can sit with you as you stitch out the design so he can trouble shoot the problem fresh.

pat71896  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:41:50 AM(UTC)

Try this - use a larger needle.  If it is shredding, it is definately too small a needle.  I am a living, breathing example of learning this the hard way.  I talk about it in my blog, Fran, in a small shop in Surprise Arizona (just northeast of Phoenix) told me and I did not believe her.  When I tried it, I was astonished. 

You don't say what you are embroidering.  That will make a difference.  My 3, very reliable and knowledgeable, technicians could not answer the breaking thread question.  I do a lot of words on hankies and that was an issue as well.  Are the designs dense?  If you hear the needle pounding through the material/stitching, it is dense and/or a dull needle. 

Let us all know what happens with this.  Email me if you want to talk, I have been where you are and I understand.

Pat, The Avid Embroiderer